Albentosa

North_Stand_Ram

There were 10 teams in for Raul, Primera League Team of the Month selection for November IIRC.

Sociedad had an inquest as to how they couldn't close the deal for him. Derby had been watching him for months.

He was very highly rated in an unfashionable mid table Spanish side playing some of the worlds best every week.

Best aside, Mac and co will have to make some big errors before I begin to doubt their transfer nouse.

And as for George, if he makes the last 10 games for us again it'll makes the world of difference.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And you know that Albentosa has more pace and is better in the air than Bucko because of what evidence........?

Ridiculous how people are saying that he should be thrown straight into the side and how he is going to make the difference to everything when no one has seen him play more than the below average 45 minutes against a lower league team in the cup...

I am not saying he WONT be a good player, but we don't know if he is or not.

Agree, we are missing Eustace, again I wouldn't say we are missing Thorne because jsut like everyone else on here I have only seen him play a few games and can't really judge him on that.

If he isn't good enough to at least challenge for a starting spot then McClaren and co. have made a mistake in the transfer market.

We only buy players who can improve our team.

We do not buy players who we pay to sit on their backsides while we wait until they hopefully become good enough.

I agree with you when you say 'we don't know' but our management clearly does know or they wouldn't have busted a gut to bring the player in.

If he isn't good enough to at least challenge for a starting spot then McClaren and co. have made a mistake in the transfer market.

We only buy players who can improve our team.

We do not buy players who we pay to sit on their backsides while we wait until they hopefully become good enough.

I agree with you when you say 'we don't know' but our management clearly does know or they wouldn't have busted a gut to bring the player in.

Exactly, it would be very strange to sign a player now if we don't think that he is good enough for the prem if we are serious about going up (yes, I include Warnock in that!)

Not every good transfer works out. Great players can become less when they are away from their friends or family, or they struggle with a new language, or they fail to develop chemistry with their teammates. There's a million reasons why it might not work out and signing any player from abroad is always a gamble no matter how much research goes into it.

Not every good transfer works out. Great players can become less when they are away from their friends or family, or they struggle with a new language, or they fail to develop chemistry with their teammates. There's a million reasons why it might not work out and signing any player from abroad is always a gamble no matter how much research goes into it.

I agree, but still think that we signed him because he SHOULD be better than what we'd already got

In a forum full of panic and overreaction, I think this might be the worst post of all. 

I've been saying the same thing since we sold shackel and barker got injured so I'm hardly panicking.

Buxton and Keogh are a liability and if we do get promoted it will be in spite of them not because of them.

All these new players are proving to be IMPACT players for us - START Albentosa! Plus i think Raul in there will make Omar step up, but i'd be thrilled to see Thorne start too.

Archived