Safe Standing

Jayweb95

Dus recon?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don't know whether or not this is in the right thread... But who agrees with it and disagrees with it? Personally I think it's a win win... Boosts attendance and gives fans more of a option on seating.. Personally think South stand upper would be great with safe standing as everyone stands now I guess you could say unsafely.

Admin poll?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't imagine it would increase capacity much. You'd just be standing where you stand now.

you get more seats in to perch on from the clip i saw,

would be good in the south stand full stop and I think it would defo work given the success and fact its sold out already

(although in my opinion they should put the price up there so all of the people that are there for the price move out, and the people that are there for the atmosphere will staY)

Works, proven in Germany, no brainer really if there is enough of a demand from the fan base.

Don't vote Tory or UKIP then, whatever you do. They would like football fans to wear manacles when at the ground.

I've been thinking about it.. Would you actually be able to sit and have a view if the person in front or you is standing? Not that I would sit anyway.. But maybe that's a problem with approving it in England, wouldn't you only be able to have both options if both were effective?

I've been thinking about it.. Would you actually be able to sit and have a view if the person in front or you is standing? Not that I would sit anyway.. But maybe that's a problem with approving it in England, wouldn't you only be able to have both options if both were effective?

The rail seats are locked for seating or for standing. Cant mix it.

UEFA don't allow standing. So they are locked as seats Euro games. The bundesleague allow standing so they ate locked for standing.

There really needs to be a rational debate on this issue, without the influence of politics and other emotive factors that have gone on in the past (you all know what I'm referring to).

Yes I know it ultimately will require legislation but this should be brought about by the fans and football clubs, not political ideology. Times have changed and technologies have changed, but people's willingness to stand at a game, for those who enjoy it, hasn't. 

They would still only have two seats in the space. So for all seater matches they only sell two tickets.

But for standing matches they sell three tickets for that space.

Actually, Wolfie has a good point. When a goal goes in and everyone remains standing for a couple of minutes to watch the replay there doesn't feel like much extra room.

Also, when sitting down my shoulders pretty much touch the bloke's next to me. How would standing make that any different?

Archived