Derby County v Reading

Mafiabob

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We made 7 changes. 2 were forced (Bent and Lingard), Roos came in for Grant and did ok, don't think Grant would have stopped either of the goals. Bryson was our player of the year last and even though he's not been at his best this tear I think it was the right decesion to rest Hughes (we really can't risk him for the league). Shotton for Buxton, can anybody really pick fault in that? Forsyth really did need a rest and nobody could have imagined Warnock's rash challenge. All of the changes (except Roos) were more than justifiable changes even for a league game, perhaps not all in one game I admit, but still perfectly feasable. I really can't pick fault at the changes. This team with 11 on the pitch was more than capable of winning this game. We're out of the cup, which was still a big ask to win, but we've rested some very important players. Let's take Bournemouth's result and go on from here.

Why make 7 changes?There was a place in the QF's at stake we may not get another chance

like this for years.I suppose there is one positive,we know our replacements aren't good enough. 

The number of changes is neither here nor there. All the outfield players that came in either have had or might be expected to have extended runs in the first team. Martin is injured, Ince cup-tied, Bryson, Shotton, Bent, Dawkins are not exactly inexperienced kids from the youth team.

No, the number of changes is a red herring.

Not going to be too popular saying this but we probably need to cut Warnock a bit of slack. He's not played a 1st team game in over 2 months so bound to be a bit rusty. Under 21 games is no substitute for the real thing. Hope he doesnt become the latest player to Boo. If Fozzy gets injured we'll have to rely on him

I'd sooner it happened today than a league fixture.  

It was clear for all to see in the 2nd half that we were going for it. Don't think anyone at Derby wanted the draw.  Thought we played quite well 2nd half. Not too fussed really. Tuesday is the important one

I don't want a replay either, takes too much from what is our primary target.

A replay would have meant 2 more games minimum (assuming we won replay)  that would have been a real fixture issue. We dont need that distraction now

We should have been in the cup final. It will be a sad day to see WBA to win it.

Wouldn't have wanted them in the final mind. They would have been out for some serious revenge.

Now that we're out of it, we can all pretend we never really wanted to be in it in the first place, and it's just a needless distraction. Now we can hope that Boro get a draw tomorrow, get taken to penalties in the replay, and eventually go on to loose the semi-final, all the while seeing their league form get worse and worse.

Played with 9 men really. Bryson was also sent off in the first minute?

Other than that there were plenty of positives and good performances. Was thinking of a big win when it was 11v11.

Simon Cox always has to play up to the crowd. Dude, you're rubbish.

All the pathetic time wasting and play acting is tragic. I hated it when we used to do it under Nigel. But against 10 men at 0-0? Jesus.

Going nowhere.

Ref was awful.

Warnock should not of gone IMO, the ref should of blew for the challenge that came flying in on him just before he made the challenge that got him sent off.

Could see that Warnock was lacking match sharpness.

Jamie Mackie is a diving bent as you will come player

Is this the first time he's had a derby player sent off? I've always dispised him for some reason

Ref was awful.

Warnock should not of gone IMO, the ref should of blew for the challenge that came flying in on him just before he made the challenge that got him sent off.

Could see that Warnock was lacking match sharpness.

Jamie Mackie is a diving bent as you will come player

Is this the first time he's had a derby player sent off? I've always dispised him for some reason

Archived