Dawkins

gordinio

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I heard of the first half/saw of the second half, Dawks wasn't great today. At times he does go missing in games, but I still like him in the team. He's quietly effective.

He was fine - gave us control in midfield.

Anyone actually know these supposed "Personal reasons" he has had?

If no then u have no idea what goes on behind closed doors and for all you know this lad may be dealing with some tragedy as best he can. Last thing he and the club needs are daft threads that speculate and go off on tangents. If something is a delicate matter folks hurtful comments can only be a negative

Leave the lad alone to get on with his job

Anyone actually know these supposed "Personal reasons" he has had?

If no then u have no idea what goes on behind closed doors and for all you know this lad may be dealing with some tragedy as best he can. Last thing he and the club needs are daft threads that speculate and go off on tangents. If something is a delicate matter folks hurtful comments can only be a negative

Leave the lad alone to get on with his job

If the personal reasons are so bad that they are affecting his performance at work then, like in all other walks of life, he should be taking time off.

Would you accept poor performance from a doctor or dentist if they were having personal problems?

If the personal reasons are so bad that they are affecting his performance at work then, like in all other walks of life, he should be taking time off.

Would you accept poor performance from a doctor or dentist if they were having personal problems?

Each profession is different though. If someone stacking shelves in ASDA has had a few issues and they want to get back to work I think it's fair to say it's ok if he's not 100%

Anyway, I don't think Dawkins is doing any worse than Ward.

Each profession is different though. If someone stacking shelves in ASDA has had a few issues and they want to get back to work I think it's fair to say it's ok if he's not 100%

Anyway, I don't think Dawkins is doing any worse than Ward.

In terms of what they are both producing I would probably agree (although Ward got an assist yesterday).

Against Chesterfield though I would question Dawkins effort, and that is not a criticism I would aim lightly at players normally.

In terms of what they are both producing I would probably agree (although Ward got an assist yesterday).

Against Chesterfield though I would question Dawkins effort, and that is not a criticism I would aim lightly at players normally.

Agree about Dawkins v Chesterfield. He didn't seem interested. It was only once though and Simmo explained he's struggling.

They've done alright this week. Not mind blowing.

With Dawkins people have decided he's rubbish so they're hunting him. Ward, with his feint feint smash it, is getting by. Dawkins with his ball retention high up the pitch is getting singled out. He was better than Ward v Blackburn. Neither are exactly flying but there's been 3 Dawkins threads in 2 weeks.

It's a trend. A fashion.

Both are just doing alright. Nothing more or less. I don't mean you. It's more people at the matches. Ward smashes it into a defender and it's applause. Dawkins runs at defender, turns and lays the ball off to a player in a better position and everyone moans.

Agree about Dawkins v Chesterfield. He didn't seem interested. It was only once though and Simmo explained he's struggling.

They've done alright this week. Not mind blowing.

With Dawkins people have decided he's rubbish so they're hunting him. Ward, with his feint feint smash it, is getting by. Dawkins with his ball retention high up the pitch is getting singled out. He was better than Ward v Blackburn. Neither are exactly flying but there's been 3 Dawkins threads in 2 weeks.

It's a trend. A fashion.

Both are just doing alright. Nothing more or less. I don't mean you. It's more people at the matches. Ward smashes it into a defender and it's applause. Dawkins runs at defender, turns and lays the ball off to a player in a better position and everyone moans.

I certainly do not think he is rubbish, just vastly underperforming compared to performances when he first joined.

I certainly do not think he is rubbish, just vastly underperforming compared to performances when he first joined.

Can't argue with that.

He needs more urgency. It's great we have another forward that can make the ball stick and get us playing high up. The frustrating thing is that's all he wants to do. His mentality would fit in lovely at Barcelona in 2010. We're not quite there yet though

He loves passing more than anything!!

Mesi could play for us and you guys would make excuses that he's no more average than Dawks. Yawn.

Iniesta could play for us and people would complain he never beats his man or has an end product. Never scores or assists

Archived