moan in

Dr. Gonzo

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fans give him stick if he does something crap. Can he not give fans crap for not actually supporting?

Some of our fans are too precious for that, I'm afraid.

Fans give him stick if he does something crap. Can he not give fans crap for not actually supporting?

Of course he can but he would do well to remember the significant outlay people have made to go to the match.

Also, rightly or wrongly, the customer is always right. The last person to voice his displeasure at the fans was Phil Brown...he lasted about another week!

I was right in line with it, and must admit didn't see any abuse being directed towards the crowd.

Not that I would blame the players, had the pleasure of taking my daughter and nephews to the game on Saturday as the result of a silly promise, that meant as they are 5 I also had to take the other half :-(

The Wife said at ht, how much moaning is there, citing someone who after bent scored shouting you still miss more than you score. Even my 5 year old said during the second half, daddy they do know Derby are still winning don't they?

Maybe it was because I was not in my regular seat, or because I'm to engrossed within the game, that I have tended not to notice how bad it has become, but when Dawkins had the ball on Saturday, go forward, what you doing echoed around as we tried to keep possession and take the sting out of the game. Something that soon transferred onto the pitch as instead of controlled possession we had players forgetting about our passing game and continued to loose the ball at the earliest opportunity.

Ok maybe an exaggeration, but it did take some of the pleasure out of going to the game.

I saw him gave a go at Christie, from my seat in East Stand, Christie had a go back, never saw him mouth off at fans, if he did well done Keogh, some right moaning buggers who deserve a taste of their own medicine imo.

Of course he can but he would do well to remember the significant outlay people have made to go to the match.

Also, rightly or wrongly, the customer is always right. The last person to voice his displeasure at the fans was Phil Brown...he lasted about another week!

Speaking of precious

Hope he did.

How come myself and many other people can bite our tongues and offer nothing but encouragement but some can't?

Do we care less?

Maybe this is a poor likeness...but when I go and see my favourite band, I don't boo if they hit a duff chord or a bum note. I respect that they are trying and not intentionally making mistakes. If I don't like it, I don't go again. I know it is not competitive...

Of course, repeatedly insulting players and highlighting mistakes during the match makes them play better. Just imagine the confidence boost the players would get if they heard 25000+ people cheering them on, willing them on even when it is isn't quite working for them. But nah....boo and scream obscenities at the useless twonks.

Am in the east stand and looked to me like he was giving a bit to some fans during florist game . Not a problem to me, not ideal behaviour but so what. I would only be p***ed off if he switched off from the actual match.

He is our skipper and he is full on committed to the club. I can allow him a bit of slack. Heat of battle stuff!

I sit under the Ossie Clock for league matches and saw the incident. A missed placed pass to Christie sparked Keogh to berate him for not being where he passed it. Laughable really. It happens. The caller tonight, who was one who actually provoked the outburst, claimed he was merely encouraging our captain on to better things.  Yeh right.  Keogh was certainly giving as good as he got from the crowd.  Although its been clear home players have heard the comments from their crowd, you dont see home players respond in that way often, and not least a captain.

It'd be nice to think that as a result of his reaction, people would give it a second thought before opening their orifice and launching a tirade at one of our own, but I doubt it.  Just press the self-destruct button instead - at least they'll feel better for having vented their spleen for...oh, a few seconds.  SOd the team. Hey ho.

Maybe this is a poor likeness...but when I go and see my favourite band, I don't boo if they hit a duff chord or a bum note. I respect that they are trying and not intentionally making mistakes. If I don't like it, I don't go again. I know it is not competitive...

Of course, repeatedly insulting players and highlighting mistakes during the match makes them play better. Just imagine the confidence boost the players would get if they heard 25000+ people cheering them on, willing them on even when it is isn't quite working for them. But nah....boo and scream obscenities at the useless twonks.

Yeah. It's like they think players aren't bothered by their mistakes. There's this idea that players are in it for the money and that's it. That they get mardy when they don't play and that they're basically precious divas. I'm sure there are a few.

But most people want to be good at their job. Even if it's stacking boxes in a warehouse. They might say they don't care but then they're at the works Xmas party talking about... work. Because they care. In the plastering trade it was always who can put the most on. Bitching about each other's work.

These lads are splattered all over newspapers and have thousands, sometimes millions if people watching them.

They often live with teammates. They go out together, eat together, go on holiday together. Why do people think they're so careless? That they just worry about which Ferrari to buy? Because of the odd Benoit Assou Ekotto?

Even the loyalty thing gets on my nerves. A player plays rubbish and the fans say "sell him". Where's the loyalty? But if a good player leaves then it's "disloyal".

I'm not saying Keogh plays for the greatness of Derby as such.

But when he's out there with the lads he spends half his time with, with 28,000 people watching him... I think he might actually be doing his best whether he's playing well or not.

Any profession, people like to be seen as good at what they do. Whether warehouse operative or solicitor or whatever.

Imagine 28,000 people calling you a **** because you made a mistake. Save that for the opposition.

We all get frustrated. But c'mon, who on here shouts abuse often at our players? I'd guess none. Yet we care enough to be on this board talking about DCFC 24/7. Just bite your tongue.

On a kinda related note, against Reading in the cup I gave Gunter all kinds of nonsense at a throw in, he picked the ball up, looked in my general direction and gave a sneaky hand gesture, suggesting I was a self abuser!

Laughed my head off, made me look a right **** he did, not that I normally need any help in that department.

Archived