"Just Eat"

Ram8

As a general topic about what makes a desirable sponsor I think it might stimulate a discussion.

In an ideal world, as someone who has a largely Corinthian attitude to sport, I would love to see worthy localy based employers with international clout being our sponsors.

So Bombardier, Toyota, Marstons, or even Rolls Royce fit the bill nicely ! .. Now wouldn't RR be marvellous but then again we might look like a bunch of Charlie's if the football wasn't at RR levels of quality. In truth as long as they are reasonably ethical, honest and have deep pockets then I am not bothered. On the other hand I would really resent having a wonga shirt. I simply would never ever buy merchandise and would feel very uncomfortable all round if that sort of company was our sponsor.

Just eat doesn't really have a sporting feel to it, it's a clumsy name for a business (in my opinion ) but it seems to be a successful company and if the club is happy with the deal then So be it.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant Boycie ! Now let's start a thread for most inappropriate sponsor.

Land Mines R-US ? Or www.ISIS.com ?

It brings to mind a Car ad from the early 90's .. Think it was a Starion Turbo .. The gleaming alloy clad black car had, along with the BHP and the 0-60 time, a tag line of "the trigger is under your right foot" nuff said !

How about Charlie Hebdo as sponsor and a picture of the prophet Muhammad on the front of the shirt?

Kit manufacturer would have to be that feminist t-shirt company that got caught exploiting female workers in the Maldives.

TobyWanKenobi

JustEat is a great sponsor and a fantastic company. It enables me to order food from my local purveyor of fried chicken and kebabs without having to actually speak to anyone, or try and understand the terrible, terrible spoken English of some of the local takeaway workers.

JustEat is a great sponsor and a fantastic company. It enables me to order food from my local purveyor of fried chicken and kebabs without having to actually speak to anyone, or try and understand the terrible, terrible spoken English of some of the local takeaway workers.

racist!

I always thought our sponsor was Jus Teat.

Down here in the south, but particularly in posh places like Guildford and Hampton Hill, the gravy bowl has become a thing of the past. Nowadays, when partaking of French cuisine in local Bistro's you will here Cultured diners like our own Angry and Posh saying I will have fillet steak please gar

I always thought our sponsor was Jus Teat.

Down here in the south, but particularly in posh places like Guildford and Hampton Hill, the gravy bowl has become a thing of the past. Nowadays, when partaking of French cuisine in local Bistro's you will here Cultured diners like our own Angry and Posh saying I will have fillet steak please gar

What was it Man City had a few years back ? Feed the goat and he will score.

Think we need ready Brek .. Give the ram his oats and

Nowt wrong with goat curry

Archived