Derby County v Chesterfield

Mafiabob

I know he won't do it but I'd love to see a 442 set up with Bent and Martin up front just because I want to see if they can work together.

Then Albintosa just because on paper he looks awesome and I hope he is but you never know until you see them. Is Isak left or right footed ?

Really looking forward to Saturday to wash a bad memory away

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TobyWanKenobi

I'm going to be different and awkward.

---------------------Roos----------------------

Christie--Bucko--Albentosa--Warnock

--------------------Shotton--------------------

--------------Bryson------Hendrick---------

---Russell----------Bent--------Forsyth---

If Warnock's injured then...

Roos; Shotton, Keogh, Albentosa, Forsyth; Mascarell, Bryson, Hendrick; Dawkins, Ward and Bent

If he isn't then swap him, possibly, for Mascarell.

Disclaimer: Mac's team, not mine.

Warnock was in training at the end of last week. For the reason's I gave in your "defence" thread, I think he'll come in as a kick up the arse to Forsyth.

Also, we can't afford to lose Ward right now as we're a winger light, so I think it'll be Russell and Dawkins (if Dawkins is available now). And I could see Coutts swapping in for Mascarell as Mac has tried him there briefly.

Bench: Mitchell, Ssewankambo, Forsyth, Coutts, Martin, Bennett, Calero

Rested: Grant, Christie, Bucko, Ward (Hughes not fit)

Warnock was in training at the end of last week. For the reason's I gave in your "defence" thread, I think he'll come in as a kick up the arse to Forsyth.

Also, we can't afford to lose Ward right now as we're a winger light, so I think it'll be Russell and Dawkins (if Dawkins is available now). And I could see Coutts swapping in for Mascarell as Mac has tried him there briefly.

Bench: Mitchell, Ssewankambo, Forsyth, Coutts, Martin, Bennett, Calero

Rested: Grant, Christie, Bucko, Ward (Hughes not fit)

I'd be disappointed to see Forsyth dropped.

In his last six appearances, I've rated him an 8 on four occasions and 7 on the other two. Prior to that he got two 3s and a 5. 

He's possibly our form player with Hughes, I'd like to see Mac try and carry it on. 

I'd be disappointed to see Forsyth dropped.

In his last six appearances, I've rated him an 8 on four occasions and 7 on the other two. Prior to that he got two 3s and a 5.

He's possibly our form player with Hughes, I'd like to see Mac try and carry it on.

I think he probably will be dropped. Not to give him a kick up the derri

Stevie Macs Team :-

Roos

Shotton  Albentosa  Buxton  Warnock

Mascarell

Bryson      Hendrick

Ward                                         Dawkins

Bent

Bench :- Grant - Whitbread - Coutts - Calero - Russell - Martin   

Warnock played regularly in central midfield for Blackburn a few seasons back so might be an option there if that was in Steves thinking at all when he signed him. "I didn't dislike it" he is quoted of his time in that role.

really hoping he can play the Eustace role.. not sure if he can but it would be a big bonus

I wouldn't weaken the team too much at all, lets not forget Chesterfield are doing pretty well in the first season in league 1, and we struggled to overcome Southport due to a lot of changes. 

Grant

Christie

Keogh

Albentosa (Should be a nice game for him to get his feel for the english game)

Warnock

Mascarell (Hopefully will find it an easier game compared to Forest, not sure about the Blackburn game mind maybe give Shotton a try there to see if it could be a possibility for Tuesday?)

Hughes (if not fit then Bryson)

Calero

Ward (for 60 minutes to get his fitness back up)

Bent

Dawkins (give Russell a bit of a break)

Bench

Roos

Buxton

Forsyth

Russell

Martin

Coutts

Shotton

Archived