Derby County v Chesterfield

Mafiabob

Spireite here, so I hope you don't mind me posting on this thread as there are to be plenty of other Chesterfield threads to choose from (which is good to see), but this seems the obvious one.

Have to say we are really looking forward to this game. I was at your game against Chelsea before xmas, and it seemed weird them chanting they were 'The Famous CFC' (that's our chant!). Well we are the *original* CFC, formed in 1866 if you're into that kind of stuff. Not really achieved that much since, you might say :-) hence why we are looking forward to Saturday. I'm sure it will be a good game, good aatmosphere: we play football, not long/hoof ball so it should be good on the eye. Of course man-for-man you are a cut above us, but this is the FACup and I guess it will be all about who wants it most.

Good to see a bit of mutual respect between our respective fan bases too, which makes a refreshing change compared to those Yorkshire muppets, we normally have to contend with, living in t'North of the County!

Anyway, enough said by me although happy to answers any questions you might have about us :-)

Roll on Saturday!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spireite here, so I hope you don't mind me posting on this thread as there are to be plenty of other Chesterfield threads to choose from (which is good to see), but this seems the obvious one.Have to say we are really looking forward to this game. I was at your game against Chelsea before xmas, and it seemed weird them chanting they were 'The Famous CFC' (that's our chant!). Well we are the *original* CFC, formed in 1866 if you're into that kind of stuff. Not really achieved that much since, you might say :-) hence why we are looking forward to Saturday. I'm sure it will be a good game, good aatmosphere: we play football, not long/hoof ball so it should be good on the eye. Of course man-for-man you are a cut above us, but this is the FACup and I guess it will be all about who wants it most.Good to see a bit of mutual respect between our respective fan bases too, which makes a refreshing change compared to those Yorkshire muppets, we normally have to contend with, living in t'North of the County!Anyway, enough said by me although happy to answers any questions you might have about us :-)Roll on Saturday!

What sort of car does your chairman drive?

I don't believe that putting out your supposidly strongest 11 will deffo have a bearing on the result. I think we need to show players they hsve no concrete place in the side, and after Saturday that should be even more apparent, let's show Swank, Whitbread, Calero, Roos, Shots, Mason that places are there to be fought for. After Saturday, especially the second 45 mins I don't believe any of the players deserve a guaranteed start. Think Grant, Keogh, Christie, Martin, Russell, need to realise this. If we have the strength in depth to go up we need to be able to squad rotate and still win at home against a lower league side.

Blue Moon - Does your name infer that you are really a Man City fan, or is that just coincidence?

Glad to read that you try to play decent football, we've seen too much long ball in our last couple of games.

Hopefully the rivalry will be friendly banter rather than some of the mindless stupidity seen last Saturday.

Here's to a great game of football but a 3-0 Rams win :)

Blue Moon - Does your name infer that you are really a Man City fan, or is that just coincidence?

Glad to read that you try to play decent football, we've seen too much long ball in our last couple of games.

Hopefully the rivalry will be friendly banter rather than some of the mindless stupidity seen last Saturday.

Here's to a great game of football but a 3-0 Rams win :)

Just a co-incidence, A Spireite since 1970, but as we rarely play each other in competitive games, thought 'once in a blue moon, quite apt :-)

Our preferred formation is 4231, with Doyle up front(23 goals in all comps) however, we have switched to playing 2 to accommodate Gnanduillet, a big lad fairly mobile, but good feet and a powerful striker of the ball. Could be a good contest between him and Buxton, if he plays. Look out for Morsy & Ryan in midfield, both attracting interest elsewhere, plus Clucas on the left. We don't do 'ugly', we will be coming to win and will either do that or go down fighting (in a positive sense of course).

Derbyshire, Derbyshire, Derbyshire, Drerbyshire (of the North Derbyshire variety, you will appreciate)

Anyone fancy an after match beer at the harvester ... I plan on being there with a mate of mine after the chesterfield game on sat dee. If anyone from here is going there anyway let me know too ... Would be good to say hello and meet some members from here

Anyone fancy an after match beer at the harvester ... I plan on being there with a mate of mine after the chesterfield game on sat dee. If anyone from here is going there anyway let me know too ... Would be good to say hello and meet some members from here

Lol I think i'll give that one a miss.

We got 20,000 for the last cup game right? YES

and how many did they bring? 2.7K

2.7k was it? Correct see above

and Chesterfield are bringing almost 6k? 5,700

Do we expect to sell any more home supporter tickets? Yes

Archived