Alan Nixon Rumours - Jan 2015

-JW-

Eddie I don't get your hatred towards him, he is by far and away the most reliable source we have.

Hatred?

How can I hate somebody I don't know? I don't hate anybody posting on this board either, but I have been known to metaphorically pull my hair out at some of the tripe some people come out with. Life's too short for hatred - well, it is for me anyway.

What gets my goat is people fawning over every snippet of information - or misinformation - that Alan Nixon spouts. He is as reliable as Nostradamus - perfect in hindsight. I produced a list the other week of about a dozen different players we were supposed to have been linked with on Nixon's say-so over the last 3 or 4 years - a dozen players who are still conspicuous by their absence. Unfortunately said list is probably now the property of a Syrian hacker.

I don't doubt that he does get the odd nod from pals, agents and the like - probably quite often - but you lot hang on his every word. When the flavour-of-the-month player doesn't materialise, then obviously the club were 'knocked back' or Derby 'failed to meet the asking price' - when as often as not it's just a load of hogwash.

Don't let me stop you believing in him though. I'll consider the Cottingley Fairies instead.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hatred?

How can I hate somebody I don't know? I don't hate anybody posting on this board either, but I have been known to metaphorically pull my hair out at some of the tripe some people come out with. Life's too short for hatred - well, it is for me anyway.

What gets my goat is people fawning over every snippet of information - or misinformation - that Alan Nixon spouts. He is as reliable as Nostradamus - perfect in hindsight. I produced a list the other week of about a dozen different players we were supposed to have been linked with on Nixon's say-so over the last 3 or 4 years - a dozen players who are still conspicuous by their absence. Unfortunately said list is probably now the property of a Syrian hacker.

I don't doubt that he does get the odd nod from pals, agents and the like - probably quite often - but you lot hang on his every word. When the flavour-of-the-month player doesn't materialise, then obviously the club were 'knocked back' or Derby 'failed to meet the asking price' - when as often as not it's just a load of hogwash.

Don't let me stop you believing in him though. I'll consider the Cottingley Fairies instead.

Well when our local journalists don't have a clue, who else are we to go to for information about possible signings? I doubt he lives for the sole purpose of making up rumours to get Derby fans excited. He obviously hears the rumours from someone, so he reports it and on many occasions he's been correct. And yes, on plenty of occasions he's been wrong, but I doubt there's a journalist in the world who has a 100% record with transfer rumours 

Well when our local journalists don't have a clue, who else are we to go to for information about possible signings? I doubt he lives for the sole purpose of making up rumours to get Derby fans excited. He obviously hears the rumours from someone, so he reports it and on many occasions he's been correct. And yes, on plenty of occasions he's been wrong, but I doubt there's a journalist in the world who has a 100% record with transfer rumours 

I would doubt there's one with a 10% record.

Hatred?

I get some interesting information out of this, outside of Eddie's take on Alan The Rumour Monger Nixon.

1) Eddie believes that just because the sneaky hacker had a Syrian IP, that he was dumb enough not to mask it.

2) Eddie is familiar with Nostradamus

3) Eddie has hair

I get some interesting information out of this, outside of Eddie's take on Alan The Rumour Monger Nixon.

1) Eddie believes that just because the sneaky hacker had a Syrian IP, that he was dumb enough not to mask it.

2) Eddie is familiar with Nostradamus

3) Eddie has HAD hair

corrected for you...

No, he makes a living getting prats to buy his newspaper. More mug you.

He doesn't make anything on people buying the Sun as he's already sold the story.

Also, Derby aren't a big pull. For example, unless it is involving a Premier League club then we tend to not be touched. There's not much money to be made out of writing just about Derby.

He also has to prove his sources in order to be able to classify his stories as 'exclusive' because they are published.

You can get in a lot of trouble for writing stuff with no actual credible source. 

I think that just about covers it. In summary, someone credible is telling him this stuff and in turn, he writes it and sells it to the Sun, Mirror.... whoever. 

He's a prophet.

He doth know things.

He didst know about Darren Bent and the wandering star.

He doth know other stuff too but even though i can't remember quite what, i'm sure it is true.

The disbeliever is probably stoned.

Archived