Burnley.... Will they Won't they?

Mafiabob

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the bright side, we had two more points than Burnley at this stage, (10 games) and even though I'd settle for them equalling the record I can't see it.

Two wins and a draw and they've equalled it, and I can see them beating Villa and Palace at Turf Moor maybe a draw with Leicester ? Another draw after that and we're still left with it.  :(

It would relieve the gumps of some ammunition if they beat it mind so I live in hope. ;)

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2007-2008/custom-table

They'll win a couple at home.

It was quite an achievement by us. You could stick a L2 side in there and they'd probably get 3 home wins and a handful of draws.

Seriously, just by parking the bus and never ever trying to score you could get 11 points!!

They won't, but I don't think they'll beat it by much. Their summer signings reminded me very much of ours, but they had a stronger team to begin with.

If they sack Dyche, sign ***** in January and still haven't won by then, then we can start seriously discussing it.

Absolutely no chance.

I mean I'm sure fans of Darwen and Loughborough AFC - the two teams we've nicked most of the 'worst ever' records from in English football - were clinging on to the hope every season that a team would come along worse than them. But that was before the First World War. None of them ever got to see our season, which is a shame for them I guess.

If things continue as they are, they might sack Dyche. At least Dyche won't leave behind a poisonous mess - and his replacement won't say in his November press conference that they're already relegated.

We need to stop doing this to ourselves every time a newly promoted side struggles at the start of the season. Just forget it, the record is ours for the rest of our lives, so why not just look to the future?

Archived