The January Window Transfer Suggestion Thread

Thorne

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps Steve could nip to Twente for a lunch and tap them for a couple of players to develop over here. Choose the right ones and get them at the end of contracts by paying more. A nice little meal at Igor's house, a trip to Igor's Night Club and right down all the names of Croatia's next brood of talented young players. Surely most would come here if asked.

Why does Forsyth need competition? As he isn't playing as well as last year? Martin doesn't have competition and he is doing pretty well, Roos is not really pushing Grant and he was doing ok before his injury, the list could go on. The only players we should be looking to bring in are people who can make the team better  

The list could go on? Where else do we not have intense competition for a starting place? As far as I can see it is only Martin and Grant. 

What would be nice is if people explained the suggestions, what the player would bring to the team, where they would fit in, who they would replace, how old is he, what clubs has he been at, what's his record like etc.

How many times have you seen him play, be honest are they FIFA or FM based suggestions, come on, give the posts something more to go on.

Half of these players I'm willing to bet nobody has heard of, it's just a thread of name random footballers at the moment

If I have to pick out the worst so far it's this. He also scored again last night in the Europa league, I can see us signing him, 'kin ell.

Agreed. We should stop dealing with Spurs altogether. Their youth system is crap, but their fans are more delusional about the players that come through it than even Forest are about their prospects. Maybe it's a tactic though? Spurs fans pretended that Livermore was good for so many years that Steve Bruce was foolish enough to pay 8 million for him. Maybe if we had spent all our lives posting on social media about how brilliant Callum Ball was, some club with more money than sense would've paid over the odds.

Dawkins is an exception to the rule, but the way they treated him is bizarre. I know he had injury problems, but what kind of club keeps a player under contract for 7 years without ever playing him in a professional game?

Anyway I trust Mac and his staff to make the right moves.Bunbury from NE Revolution would be a good young striker to get if they are willing to sell or loan him,and Mix Diskerud contract expires in Jan I believe so a good free agent imo to pick up.

The problem with the MLS is that the standard is so poor that it's very difficult to gauge if a player is actually decent or not...

The problem with the MLS is that the standard is so poor that it's very difficult to gauge if a player is actually decent or not...

Well the MLS is getting better but I see your point.Bunbury is a very good striker though imo and could work well here.He is 6'2 and strong on the ball and even though his stats might not totally show it he has a nice finishing touch.Diskerud has played pretty good for Rosenborg.

Well the MLS is getting better but I see your point.Bunbury is a very good striker though imo and could work well here.He is 6'2 and strong on the ball and even though his stats might not totally show it he has a nice finishing touch.Diskerud has played pretty good for Rosenborg.

We have to be buying Premier League quality now though in an attempt to push us to that next level. Anyone that is that quality in the MLS would already have been scouted or noticed at least.

No one at all.

We have the strongest squad in the champ, with players to come back. Easily good enough to get promoted.

I have three big problems with any signing we could make this Jan.

1. If we get promoted ( it is very much still an if!) there will be a whole new group of players available. Not just fees and wages, but cheaper players that would want to play in the Prem.

2. We have good backup in pretty much any position, we should only be signing new players to improve. Is there a single player in the Championship that would definitely improve us, in any position, for less than

I am sure you have already said,but what are some suggestions you have mate?

For CB, Bruno Ecuele Manga from Cardiff City FC. Always looks solid at the back and while unspectacular, very composed on the ball for a defender. 

Also, if we get promoted, I'd like to see us go for Steven Caulker, also looks a good CB and still only 22.

These 2 would be summer signings rather than January because I believe the squad is fairly strong for the Championship but if we get promoted the obvious area to strengthen in my opinion would be centre-back.

Archived