The January Window Transfer Suggestion Thread

Thorne

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There isn't much knocking about at U21 level from what I've seen this season. To put it into perspective, I'd be stunned if anyone of the 'regulars' was as good as Dawkins. 

I had actually forgot about Gnabry because he's been missing for so long. He would be good, but Arsenal have a nasty habit of building up their young players. Dan Crowey aside, I don't think there is much between ours and theirs. 

In all honesty, last season I saw Lewis Baker and Jordon Ibe as genuine talents. Now, I can't think of any that could come in tomorrow and be better than what we have. Based on the little bits I have seen, the best fit and most talented we could sign from the U21 league is actually ours - Calero. 

For next season, I would say Dom Solanke, if we can sign him, but he's only just turned 17. Unreal talent. 

Jesse Lingard would be the ideal one for me. He's an older, more composed version of Ibe. Wolves want him on loan, but surely we can beat them to the punch.

Your right not much out there. So unless Mac and Evans have someone up there sleeve then it means were either going to with Calero or an out of favour player like Phillips, Commons etc. Would love Sako as he would fit our style and be a Prem quality signing, however he's an unrealistic target. 

I would imagine Mac would want another direct, pacey player like Ibe.

I'd rather pay less, but i'd pay it to get him.

I think he's a good fit for our system.

It grieves me a little to say it Ramnut but I agree with you. Bit of a young Jamie Ward in style and aggression. He needs a move, because his career needs a kick start. Might even be a deal to be done with Ward the other way, plus a few pennies on top. I still think on balance though if we are buying and Sako was available at the right wage - the fee shouldn't be a problem given his contract being now at 6 months or less - he might be the better all round option. We will have someone new in before 25 Jan.

Archived