The January Window Transfer Suggestion Thread

Thorne

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully we have a look at GMS now Ibe has gone back. Doubt he's on too large a wage at Dundee U, will be cheap due to his contract expiring soon and he'd be able to link up with Johnny again

Why is everyone so convinced about this dude? He's just some guy from a pub league...

He may well be good enough for the Championship (may) but we need to be signing Prem calibre players now...

Sako... simple as...

Why is everyone so convinced about this dude? He's just some guy from a pub league...

He may well be good enough for the Championship (may) but we need to be signing Prem calibre players now...

Sako... simple as...

Same was probably said before Russell and Bryson signed. It's a risk signing them but for around 250k for GMS, I think it's a risk we should take. I've not seen much of him other than when Dundee U have been on TV (Which isn't often) but I hadn't seen much of Russell or Bryson either and they've been class signings

Sako has been linked with about half the Premier league, highly doubt we'd get him

There isn't much knocking about at U21 level from what I've seen this season. To put it into perspective, I'd be stunned if anyone of the 'regulars' was as good as Dawkins. 

I had actually forgot about Gnabry because he's been missing for so long. He would be good, but Arsenal have a nasty habit of building up their young players. Dan Crowey aside, I don't think there is much between ours and theirs. 

In all honesty, last season I saw Lewis Baker and Jordon Ibe as genuine talents. Now, I can't think of any that could come in tomorrow and be better than what we have. Based on the little bits I have seen, the best fit and most talented we could sign from the U21 league is actually ours - Calero. 

For next season, I would say Dom Solanke, if we can sign him, but he's only just turned 17. Unreal talent. 

Jesse Lingard would be the ideal one for me. He's an older, more composed version of Ibe. Wolves want him on loan, but surely we can beat them to the punch.

Sako perm, or Linguard loan for me. Must be a chance too of loan signings like Sinclair, Matty Phillips, perhaps even Ince. And if you want a wildcard for 6 months to get his career back on track, Wright-Phillips must be gagging for some opportunity to showcase his qualities after festering so long in Harry's dog kennel.

Archived