The January Window Transfer Suggestion Thread

Thorne

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear our old friend Tom Huddleston would love to come back to us, anybody think he could be an improvment to our setup or not

I doubt that very much.

I hear our old friend Tom Huddleston would love to come back to us, anybody think he could be an improvment to our setup or not

He'll be back one day for sure. At the moment we got Thorne in that position(and Thorne will be back in the team very soon)

I think we need a real lift.

A player who can come in and elevate us as george thorne did last year.

Whilst the wheels - if not exactly coming off - seem more than a bit loose.

After Forest, there is a palpable lack of faith and trust in the team.

You could almost say that far from the team picking itself, there are virtually no guaranteed starters now.

Competition is supposed to be good but changes seem to have had more of a disruptive effect.

Not sure where we are going at the moment.

Blackburn is such an important game.

3 points, and a decent performance would be great.

Another shiite performance would be awful.

To many people thinking that Thorne is just going to stroll back into the team like some sort of Galactico after 7 months out.

How often does a player return from a serious knee injury (let alone a second) and hit the ground running?

Mostly they come back for a few minutes here and there and breakdown with silly little groin or calf strains.

Would rather get another DM in and have too many that have to up their performances and fight for a place in the team than scrape by with what we have and lose points costing promotion.

I doubt that very much.

Sadly, Tom came through the ranks at a dark time for the club, when crooks were in charge and what seemed a very dodgy deal was done to move him on to Spurs. As such, my understanding has always been that Huddlestone held no particularly fond memories of Derby and even advised other players against coming here.

Like Ramnut, I would be astonished if he suddenly wanted to return. He was one of the best passers of a ball anywhere but has the turning circle of a large supertanker. As a Premier League player of course he'd improve our squad, but it ain't going to happen.

Archived