Brentford v Derby County

Carl Sagan

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Omar/Eustace position is a fascinating one, really. On the one hand, Omar has an essence of Thorne about him, but in a less polished/experienced way.  Eustace, on the other hand, does the dirty job well and has been a reliable asset so far this season. 

I thought Omar did well at Fulham, but has the (part)error swung the initiative towards Eustace? Would a longer run of games see Omar get stronger and ultimately give us more of a direct, forward-facing threat than Eustace? Is that too much of a gamble, at this stage of the season?

Food for Mac!

Mascarell, in his one game I could grab stats on, proved he's more than willing to put his foot in and get the ball.

He comfortably bettered Eustace's averages for the season; comfortably better Eustace's best game in similar key areas. 

Mascarell is more of a fighter, more disciplined and a lot better footballer. Eustace creates a sense of calm around the team, but I have no doubts Mascarell is better in all aspects. Like I had no doubts over Thorne last season.

The Omar/Eustace position is a fascinating one, really. On the one hand, Omar has an essence of Thorne about him, but in a less polished/experienced way.  Eustace, on the other hand, does the dirty job well and has been a reliable asset so far this season. 

I thought Omar did well at Fulham, but has the (part)error swung the initiative towards Eustace? Would a longer run of games see Omar get stronger and ultimately give us more of a direct, forward-facing threat than Eustace? Is that too much of a gamble, at this stage of the season?

Food for Mac!

ESSENCE of Thorne ....

Sounds like a derby county aftershave

I'm not a big one for giving any great relevance to individual player stats regarding football, see what happens with my eyes and take it from there.

Have seen players getting great stats when I don't feel they have influenced the game in any way at all, remember Phil Brown was a big advocate of Pro Zone and look where that got us.

Should be an interesting one.I trust Mac to have the squad ready for this one,and hopefully we can play the full 90 with enthusiasm rather just in patches at times.

I suppose main threat for Bees would be Douglas who has bagged three and seems to be a good leader;beyond that no real attacking threats stand out to me as the Bees have not scored that much.

Regardless Warburton should have them pumped for this one and I trust Mac to do the same for us.

Jota is a quality little player. Hopefully Christie will bully him.

We've got to play Omar. Why go to great lengths of tracking down such a promising player only to stick him on the bench. I'm sure McClaren didn't think while getting him in that he was only going to be a substitute for Eustace.

The same was said about Thorne last season. Why play him when Eustace is doing a good job?

Fact is, while Eustace is doing a good job, he doesn't have the speed or passing ability to be creative. With Omar in the team we have a different outlet, another ball-playing midfielder who can get the team going and he can pass it far quicker that Eustace.

He has to play regularly.

Regardless Warburton should have them pumped for this one and I trust Mac to do the same for us.

I think Warburton will have them nicely risen. He won't want them over-cooked though.

Equally McLaren might have us revved up. Hopefully no gaskets will be blown at half time.

Jota is a quality little player. Hopefully Christie will bully him.

We've got to play Omar. Why go to great lengths of tracking down such a promising player only to stick him on the bench. I'm sure McClaren didn't think while getting him in that he was only going to be a substitute for Eustace.

The same was said about Thorne last season. Why play him when Eustace is doing a good job?

Fact is, while Eustace is doing a good job, he doesn't have the speed or passing ability to be creative. With Omar in the team we have a different outlet, another ball-playing midfielder who can get the team going and he can pass it far quicker that Eustace.

He has to play regularly.

I tend to agree.

We need to up the tempo.

Keep the same team that played fulham.

I'm not a big one for giving any great relevance to individual player stats regarding football, see what happens with my eyes and take it from there.

Have seen players getting great stats when I don't feel they have influenced the game in any way at all, remember Phil Brown was a big advocate of Pro Zone and look where that got us.

Stats are pure modern bullshite. Meaningless drivel. 

Football is a team game and the interaction of the players is more important than individual stats.

Anyone who disagrees with me is just a kid playing FiFAFootballChampionship Manager.

Watch them deny it!

Stats are pure modern bullshite. Meaningless drivel. 

Football is a team game and the interaction of the players is more important than individual stats.

Anyone who disagrees with me is just a kid playing FiFAFootballChampionship Manager.

Watch them deny it!

Really! Better let Steve know then. He was the main pioneer of Prozone when he was here as coach before and is a massive advocate of it.  

Archived