Brentford v Derby County

Carl Sagan

If I had tickets I would gladly get your missus all dressed up and take her through Maccies drive thru! Not upgrading to Large though as not made of money.... Or McFlurry

The McFlurry is supposedly non-negotiable. She said she would give you the old Brighton favourite, a 99. It involves having a flake pushed up your harris.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brentford to be seem quite lightweight but a side that will try and play football. They've got quite a few foreign players in their squad and their wide player Jota looks a cracking little player - like a Benayoun type.

Reckon it'll be a good game but I feel we've got more of an end product than them.

Butland

Christie

Forsyth

Keogh

Buxton

Mascarell

Hughes

Hendrick

Russell

Dawkins

Martin

That would be my team

<ValleyRam Mode>

None o ye hasna a clue, ye sassenach bastids

</ValleyRam Mode>

Would anyone not swap Bryson for Hendrick, Hendrick is playing better atm out of the two. And scoring goals.

if Dawkins is starting then i'd got for Bryson because he will have his forward runs seen. hose runs he does, (not the killer ones) but the "drag a defender off towards the corner flag to make space for the attacking move", only works if the players are on the same page. 

Would love to see Mascarell start on Saturday.

He is a lot more mobile than Eustace and can dictate play a lot better and doesnt slow the game down.

But McClaren will start Eustace on Saturday.

I'm not sure he will you know. I'm hoping it'll be Mascarell as he was rested for the last 20 minutes on Tuesday.

Anyone who didn't manage to get tickets in the away end, I just got tickets in the home end (gonna be difficult not to cheer when we thrash them ;) ) They wont let you purchase tickets for the home end on the official brentford fc site without a previous customer number but they do let you buy them at http://tickets.sky.com/seats/Brentford-vs-Derbyquite cheap as well, only

I'm going for:

Butland
Christie
Keogh
Whitbread
Forsyth
Eustace
Hughes
Bryson
Dawkins
Russell
Martin

Subs:
Roos
Shotton
Buxton
Mascarell
Hendrick
Ibe
Best

I think Buxton will only make the bench as they won't want to rush him and our defensive record has been pretty strong of late without him in the team. I'm not suggesting that we would have done worse with him in the team, just that there's no need to rush him back when we have a setup which is working.

Hendrick did very well in the midfield but I think Mac will stick with Bryson and Hughes in the attacking slots. Hughes is playing too well to be dropped and Bryson was brilliant in midweek against Fulham. He links up really well with Dawkins, who i think will start in place of Ibe. I hope the two goals on Tuesday and the goals he scored in the U21's will give him some confidence. I really don't think we've seen the best of him yet. He is naturally gifted and works hard, but really struggles with his decision making in the final third, which isn't ideal for a winger. He oftens gets to the edge of the box and neither shoots nor crosses, keeping possession but taking the sting out of our attacks. I honestly don't think it matters which one he elects to do, as long as he does one of them. The cross that he put in for Russell's goal on Tuesday wasn't a great one but it managed to trickle past the defender and find a Derby player in the 6-yard-box. His shot for the first goal was a corker and they won't always end up in the top corner but they will win us corners and end up going in off someone's arse as much as they will end up in the stands. A good run of games and coaching from the backroom staff and I think we will have one hell of a player on our hands.

As much as I would like to see Mascarell given a run of games I don't think he's done enough to displace Eustace. His passing has been tidy but the hesitation on the ball for the goal will probably count against him. There is a touch of brilliance to him at times (I recall one amazing crossfield ball to Christie in the second half on Tuesday) but he isn't showing enough of it to warrent his selection.

The Omar/Eustace position is a fascinating one, really. On the one hand, Omar has an essence of Thorne about him, but in a less polished/experienced way.  Eustace, on the other hand, does the dirty job well and has been a reliable asset so far this season. 

I thought Omar did well at Fulham, but has the (part)error swung the initiative towards Eustace? Would a longer run of games see Omar get stronger and ultimately give us more of a direct, forward-facing threat than Eustace? Is that too much of a gamble, at this stage of the season?

Food for Mac!

Archived