Brentford v Derby County

Carl Sagan

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the view was good in the seats. very close to the pitch.

We were in command up until we scored then we started playing deeper giving Brentford the opportunity to push up.  Second half took off from the end of the first. We did have our chances but conceded two goals which were both made by runs down the left.

Brentford did hoof it a lot and we found it difficult to deal with at times. 

I thought Hughes made a big difference when he came on. His skill and ability showed and we looked better on the ball.

I was disappointed we could have won this game.

I was highly amused by the chap behind me calling there number 10 Ebola every time he touched the ball and calling the ref every sausage under the sun.  

I have heard a lot of people moaning about goals conceded most people I know seem to think it is buxtons fault. I am not laying the blame on anyone but we do seem to have been very unsettled at the back since grant has been injured. He pulls off good saves and his ball distribution is superb.

2 goals highlight his shot stopping abilities and distribution

Mclean 2nd goal v wigan butland parried it straight out in 6 yard box.

dembele 2nd goal v Fulham Roos suicidal pass to mascarell when both full backs were unmarked.

Not criticising those 2 Gks they are both good and have bright futures but grants experience is vital for us.

Roll on international break and hopefully Grant is somewhere close to returning...

Don`t get me wrong I like Buxton,but the figures don`t lie,when he was out we did not concede,when he comes back in we start conceding,personally I would play Keogh and Shotton at CB and keep Jake as cover as I don`t feel Whitbread is good enough either,I thought Jake was immense last season but has gone downhill from then.What does everybody else think?

Don`t get me wrong I like Buxton,but the figures don`t lie,when he was out we did not concede,when he comes back in we start conceding,personally I would play Keogh and Shotton at CB and keep Jake as cover as I don`t feel Whitbread is good enough either,I thought Jake was immense last season but has gone downhill from then.What does everybody else think?

You've got to see why we're conceding the goals. Buxton hasn't been at fault for any goals, so how can you blame him? It's not the butterlfy effect; it's just football. Keogh has been the main leak of goals this season, but with so much playing time I guess it's understandable. 

I've just seen the goals, and they are hard to watch.

First goal, Mascarell lost concentration and allowed his man to run in. Keogh, also, losses concentration and allows his man to peal off and apply the finish. It's schoolboy stuff, it looked like we were playing in slow motion. 

The second goal was fairly unlucky on us, but still had culprits that should have done better. Forsyth should have perhaps stopped the pass, but it was a fairly hopeful one, I guess, and it should have been cut out in the middle of the pitch, but Christie has no excuse, like Keogh, for letting his man peal off. 

I'll wait to see the full game, but the highlights paint the picture to what people have said - us in the first, them in the second. 

Buxton didn't play against Wigan so no blame there.

Have we started conceding goals since Dawkins came back in?

Have we started conceding goals since Butland came in?

Agree that Shotton is a better defender but is probably better on the right side, not on the left, so I can see why Buxton would play.

Just watched the game and can't understand a few things.

We weren't great in the first half; we weren't poor in the second. Above average then below average - maybe? but that's all it was, an average performance. 

Forsyth criticism? I don't understand it, he was our best defender throughout the game and was really solid in that regard, he also provided an assists. I could not see a single thing that he could be picked up on, he also put a few other good crosses in that wasn't met. 

I thought Keogh was good, but he can't be excused for his horrendous marking for their first goal. He just completely shuts down and doesn't respond to the striker's movement. It's only a second but it's cost us. 

The central midfield hub was fairly poor. Mascarell looked stretched, tired almost and Bryson had a bad day in the office nothing went for him. Hendrick was okay. 

Martin was good, Dawkins okay and Russell wasteful. Ibe provided a threat when he came on, unfortunate not to have scored. Hughes did well, also. 

All in all, an average performance. My key performers: Forsyth, Martin and Keogh (7) the bad: Bryson, Russell and Mascarell (5)

I must say, although I don't think either team really deserved all three points - I really liked Brenford's tenacity and desire to win.

Archived