Can we stop

IlsonDerby

blaming the ref for yesterday? 

I know it's not everyone but it's a fair few. Jumping on the fact it's the same ref who sent Martin off v Burnley. 

The penalty was a bit dubious but they didn't score from it. He could/should of given Keogh his second booking for the melee at the end of the game but didn't. 

We were made to look like a youth team yesterday, we were bullied and had no response to it. I use 'bullied' lightly though because that doesn't do Wigan justice. They came with a game plan to get in our faces and not give us a second and it worked. Their fitness levels were phenomenal, to press for the whole game must have been exhausting. 

Occasionally there'll be games when we are not good enough and yesterday was one of them. McClaren had no plan B and our players had no composure under pressure (which is unusual for us) 

I was shocked before kick off when Hendrick had been put back to the bench, very naive I thought considering Wigan are a very big side. 

These contributed to our downfall a lot more than a referee. 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought only Neil Warnock blamed the ref each and every time his side lost. We had a bad day is all.

Have to agree with Illson.

We have to be able to cope with teams coming at us like Wigan yesterday, we are top of the league and there to be shot at by everyone else in the division.

Let's be realistic, we had to lose sooner or later. What's to say we can't start another 10 game run, we dust ourselves down and crack on.

When we end up winning the league we can look back at the matches where we got some ropey decisions and some went against us. That's Football, confusing/frustrating and that's why we love it.

Wake up call yesterday. Wigan had Premiership players with a good level of experience in some key positions yesterday. QPR, Burnley and Leicester all in bottom four today. Three wins form 27  matches between them.17 points from 81 between them. Championship is avery tough league but Premiership can be rock hard without quality strikers. COYR

Wake up call yesterday. Wigan had Premiership players with a good level of experience in some key positions yesterday. QPR, Burnley and Leicester all in bottom four today. Three wins form 27  matches between them.17 points from 81 between them. Championship is avery tough league but Premiership can be rock hard without quality strikers. COYR

The vast majority of their players are not PL or were not there in the PL, if they were PL players they would be in the PL.

We didn't deserve to beat Wigan so i won't blame the ref.

Although a stint in non-league would not do Mr. Madley any harm..... :ph34r:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29772988

A non league football match was abandoned after the referee was hit by a bottle thrown from the crowd, it has been claimed.

Banbury United said the official called off its Southern League Premiergame with Slough Town at half time.

Thames Valley Police attended Spencer Stadium at about 16:00 BST and said it was investigating after a bottle was thrown onto the pitch.

Reports on social media have suggested the bottle hit the referee.

I didn't really blame the ref he was awful for both sides. I liked there managers comments thoe that they were playing high up the pitch and changed some squad members just for the energy levels so we couldn't play it out from the back.

I think half the time they were the passing team of this division lol. I just hope other teams don't follow his tatics.. To be fair then we'll have to think of different ways to play it out.

blaming the ref for yesterday? 

I know it's not everyone but it's a fair few. Jumping on the fact it's the same ref who sent Martin off v Burnley. 

The penalty was a bit dubious but they didn't score from it. He could/should of given Keogh his second booking for the melee at the end of the game but didn't. 

We were made to look like a youth team yesterday, we were bullied and had no response to it. I use 'bullied' lightly though because that doesn't do Wigan justice. They came with a game plan to get in our faces and not give us a second and it worked. Their fitness levels were phenomenal, to press for the whole game must have been exhausting. 

Occasionally there'll be games when we are not good enough and yesterday was one of them. McClaren had no plan B and our players had no composure under pressure (which is unusual for us) 

I was shocked before kick off when Hendrick had been put back to the bench, very naive I thought considering Wigan are a very big side. 

These contributed to our downfall a lot more than a referee. 

Who blamed the ref?

He's poor, but he was dreadful for both sides.

ref was average yesterday - but done blame him

Keogh (although the first yellow was harsh) was lucky to stay on the pitch at the end

Ref was not average he was absolutely sh1te, and the fact that but land saved the dodgy peno shouldn't let him off the hook. This guy should never referee a football match again, and certainly not a game that derby play in.

Sure derby were sh1te too and deserved to lose. But that doesn't stop me saying this is one of the worst refs ever.

I saw a few comments in a few threads suggesting it was the ref..

I actually thought he had a fairly decent game, apart from the penalty decision. We've had worse referees recently.

Luckily his one poor decision didn't lead to Wigan taking any advantage so we can't really blame him for the defeat.

Archived