Roy Keane

AmericanRam

Just been looking at tidbits of his new autobiography via some articles that have been published and to me he comes across as for the most part a real b*stard at times during his stays at Forest, and of course Man U as well.  I appreciate how hard he played, but reading some stuff about him, it does seem he had a lot of haters as well due to his play and even now.  He was a great player no doubt, but his personality on the pitch seems to be a little too zealous to me.

Thoughts on Keane?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

met him while he was Sunderland manger at a friendly with the gumps, (long story) he is an absolute idiot, most arrogant man in football i have met. refused to let the Sunderland mascot have pictures with the team before the game, kid was gutted

The nutcase driven thuggish aspect to his personality was what made him a great player.

However regarding his exit from man utd i didn't think he did much wrong.

If you put him in front of the cameras after a big defeat he will be bound to be critical.

He didn't rate many of the utd midfield and he'd had a similar run in with mick mccarthy and ireland for being 'honest'.

United should have known to handle him better.

After 13 years he was booted out which was not the best way to end his career there.

But thats what makes Ferguson a great manager too.

Step out of line and you.re out whoever you are, be it stam, beckham, van nistelrooy, or roy keane.

PistoldPete2

Just been looking at tidbits of his new autobiography via some articles that have been published and to me he comes across as for the most part a real b*stard at times during his stays at Forest, and of course Man U as well.  I appreciate how hard he played, but reading some stuff about him, it does seem he had a lot of haters as well due to his play and even now.  He was a great player no doubt, but his personality on the pitch seems to be a little too zealous to me.

Thoughts on Keane?

Bitter and twisted mardarse (see Kevin Pietersen) .

He's probably the scummiest person I know of in football, worse than Barton. Everyone can lose their temper, but saying that you don't regret that tackle, that's disgraceful. Either he doesn't mean it, and he's done it to sell books (for the money) or he does believe it. Either way, scum bag.

Personally I think it's refreshing to hear someone who's so honest whether it's in a book or on tv.

You don't get any of that 'ermmmm', or 'take one game at a time' or the typical 'hyperbole' that most subscribe to

He says it exactly how it is and good on him for doing that

Personally I think it's refreshing to hear someone who's so honest whether it's in a book or on tv.

You don't get any of that 'ermmmm', or 'take one game at a time' or the typical 'hyperbole' that most subscribe to

He says it exactly how it is and good on him for doing that

I agree somewhat, I like his honesty and there's no BS with him. But I think that he's actually just a total c**t by nature and for that reason nobody likes him.

Archived