Shotton or Whitbread???

ollycutts1982

Its a tough one, has Whitbread made any mistakes, not many, Shotton got a new one ripped at florist,playing RB, but that aside, at CB again pretty good, but he is a more commanding player in the air of the two i believe, but Whitbread looks possibly better on the ball...

So for me, it depends who we play.....

Tomorrow, Whitbread :)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Tony Pulis played Shotton that is good enough for me. We cannot afford to drop three points while players bed themselves in but there is no substitute for a run in the first team. Mistakes will be made so strikers need to get enough goals to counteract that.

Whitbread made an error against Cardiff and was also outjumped for their other goal too, was surprised he played at Bolton tbh, though perhaps not all teams will be as strong aerially as Cardiff with Kenwyne Jones.

But not too fussed either way, would just go with Shotton myself as feel he has the extra physical presence even if he is not a natural left sider.

Obviously Bucko is our choice.

But shotton for me.

Whitbread is just not the man. Our team develops as the match progresses with the tempo

Our tempo is so key to nailing teams. That is proven. The higher our tempo the more confident we become.

My point is. Whitbred runs 10 yards and the shuffles back as passes square. He's slow to pass and can only use one foot. He's the misfit in that team.

I blame his negativity yesterday. He should watch himself. There are defenders out there in lower leagues so much better. He's bloody lucky to be at derby. Mac will not give him to many more chance.

Does anyone agree

Obviously Bucko is our choice.

But shotton for me.

Whitbread is just not the man. Our team develops as the match progresses with the tempo

Our tempo is so key to nailing teams. That is proven. The higher our tempo the more confident we become.

My point is. Whitbred runs 10 yards and the shuffles back as passes square. He's slow to pass and can only use one foot. He's the misfit in that team.

I blame his negativity yesterday. He should watch himself. There are defenders out there in lower leagues so much better. He's bloody lucky to be at derby. Mac will not give him to many more chance.

Does anyone agree

Agree that he seemed too slow in his distribution yesterday, but maybe that was because no one showed for the ball.

Can't agree that he needs to watch himself, whatever that means, or that he's done that much wrong, he's a decent back up to 1st choice Buxton, Shotton needs some time playing left centre back to feel more comfortable in that position, maybe with the U21's, as it's hard to see Keogh missing games. Good to have options though.

I just feel

He's a typical colugo mentality player. Negative. Does not give confidence to the guys around him.

Disagree with players not showing for him.

He's a hinderence

Yes. Good to have opinions

Not heard that word in relation to a footballer before.

My understanding is that a colugo is a gliding mammal, sometimes referred to as a 'flying lemur'.

Archived