Do you like your career?

AmericanRam

Career  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TBF, I think that every morning, but the effect of getting away from the missus and kids for a few hours soon wears off.....

But what do you do?

Its rarely the job I find, no matter what you do.

If I could remove all my frustrations such as: tortorous commuting, spending lots of money on work clothes, incompetent narcissistic managers, bureaucracy, office politics, buzzwords, arse lickers... I will stop there.

I need a less stressful job but I have made the decision to trade work happiness for an earlier exit from the rat race. If im not dead by that time it'll be worth it.

Nope. Hate it.

A year and a half ago I was happy plastering. Then lost loads of work as a company decided to just dry line instead of full skim... Pretty much more than halved my work. Didn't have much to fall back on and couldn't take risks with having missus and a kiddie. Now got two kiddies so I'm screwed

Dead end warehouse job, 5 night weeks.

Shoot me now and save me another 40 years of this ******. Makes my ridiculous mood swings even worse.

Anyone want to employ me? I'm willing to sleep my way to the top.

Well, I just got a very good job offer and accepted it being an online/distance librarian professor with Emporia State University.  :D

Well isn't life a bowl of cherries for young the moment ARam. I went online today and I got a certificate confirming that I am the Chief Operating Officer (designate), and acting Senior Vice President, of The West of Nigeria Banking Corporation. If I have any say in internal branch refits Alpha the plastering work will be all yours buddy.

Online Librarian Professor?

First of all congrats. Secondly, and no offence but its these sort of crazy job titles which sum up modern business. I cant take some things seriously such is the level of nonsense.

I'd like my job even more if my boss didn't just file away a method of working I devised to get more productivity and less corners being cut.

He said it was very good and hadn't I done well (the patronising scrotum) - then filed it.

Why? Because it wasn't his idea that's why - and he daren't show it his boss cos he's scared he'll look a useless tw at. Well, newsflash bud, ya'ar.

If it's not out of that file come Friday, I'll get it out myself and show the gaffers. ****** to it. I gave up my Sunday aft to do that bugger, to make it better.

Rant over.

I think. Maybe I'll be back with some more fantastic aspects about my jobs.

Well isn't life a bowl of cherries for young the moment ARam. I went online today and I got a certificate confirming that I am the Chief Operating Officer (designate), and acting Senior Vice President, of The West of Nigeria Banking Corporation. If I have any say in internal branch refits Alpha the plastering work will be all yours buddy.

Who runs the eastern Nigeria banking? I can see myself in a suit

I have no career, I have a job I hate.  :angry:

Same here. Money is OK, so at least that is one plus. The trouble I've always had is that when I was at, and leaving, school, I had no idea what I wanted to do. I still feel the same way, and I am in mid fifties now. In other words, I can't really think of any job that I would enjoy (which is kind of depressing in itself!)

Archived