Do you like your career?

AmericanRam

Career  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like my job? No..

Like the money? Yes..

Was a truck driver many moons ago and absolutely loved it... Had a CB and all those sad things but my cab was my cab, kept it pristine. Set off in the morning, radio one on and worked my nuts off. Made good time and then would normally hit Southend in the afternoon for a little R&R..

This was a time before speed cameras and as EH mentioned tracking systems monitoring everything you do... Could not do it now, I would get too frustrated.

Feel for people on the road now..

Wish I could turn back the clock and hit the road.

No.

Outside of becoming a p0rnstar, professional footballer, or astronaut, that was always going to be the case. People who love their work are incredibly fortunate.

Six figure earnings per year, no weekend working, 8am-4pm, and 3 days out of 5 working from home. And still, I'd give it up tomorrow if I could. 

On the bright side, it means that the Missus doesn't need to work and the kids get some real quality time with at least one of us. Plus, the financial security side of it is pretty good. But still...... :unsure:

Gave up something lucrative, that I hated, many moons ago to do something I loved,but was a financial struggle.No regrets whatsoever. 

As I do not have one as such...then no.

I work in an office part time, though I may soon be out of said job. My career path was to be a teacher but it did not work out. I am doing a distance journalism course...so who knows. I am a late bloomer....

Is there much call for reporting distances? I think most distances are quite well recorded now be it in books or on the www. Just a thought.

Like my job? No..

Like the money? Yes..

Was a truck driver many moons ago and absolutely loved it... Had a CB and all those sad things but my cab was my cab, kept it pristine. Set off in the morning, radio one on and worked my nuts off. Made good time and then would normally hit Southend in the afternoon for a little R&R..

This was a time before speed cameras and as EH mentioned tracking systems monitoring everything you do... Could not do it now, I would get too frustrated.

That CB you had in the cab - was it German?

Six figure earnings per year, no weekend working, 8am-4pm, and 3 days out of 5 working from home. And still, I'd give it up tomorrow if I could. 

I'll do it.

Like my job? No..

Like the money? Yes..

My dad is a truck driver and loves every minute of it.  But he goes get road rage quite often due to idiot drivers.

Is there much call for reporting distances? I think most distances are quite well recorded now be it in books or on the www. Just a thought.

Bond Jovi

Excuse my sarcastic friend and his attempt (poor) at humour.

Regarding your long distance journalism course, do you need 20/20 eyesight or can you get away with glasses?

Bond Jovi

Excuse my sarcastic friend and his attempt (poor) at humour.

Regarding your long distance journalism course, do you need 20/20 eyesight or can you get away with glasses?

In hindsight I could have phrased my bilge slightly better. I do believe glasses would enhance the situation.

I've voted no because I asked myself, " if I could change jobs and do something different would I?". My answer was yes.

My job drives me mad. Incompetent contractors, problems that affect peoples lives and people that are complete nutters. The two things that keep me going are the people i work with are a good group and the money is ok. Enough to get me a season ticket and go to a few away matches.

Archived