Do you like your career?

AmericanRam

Career  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Doing a survey/poll for a conference I have to go to next week relating to career satisfaction and the psychological attributions associated with it (yes as boring as it sounds).  A simple poll is here, and a simple yes or no answer will suffice.

For those who are willing to discuss your career in detail, that will help me with my report/presentation as well.  You can include why you do or do not like your career, as well as if it impacts your personality either positively or negatively throughout your daily routine.  I personally love my career as a librarian, and can't think of of another job I would want at present.

Thanks for the help mates. :)

P.S. If you just want to vote without going into detail, that is perfectly fine. :)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Voted no american. That is mainly because of the laws and regulations that have been brought in over here in Europe.

If you didn't know I drive a truck for a living and basically (in my opinion) technology has taken away the enjoyment of the job. We are tracked everywhere we go, the truck I drive, the manufacturer send information to our company how the vehicle is being driven,

and we are forever being called to find out our ETA.

It was a far more enjoyable occupation 30 years ago when I started driving them although it must be said the trucks themselves have come on in leaps and bounds.

10 - 4 good buddy. ;)

Voted no american. That is mainly because of the laws and regulations that have been brought in over here in Europe.

If you didn't know I drive a truck for a living and basically (in my opinion) technology has taken away the enjoyment of the job. We are tracked everywhere we go, the truck I drive, the manufacturer send information to our company how the vehicle is being driven,

and we are forever being called to find out our ETA.

It was a far more enjoyable occupation 30 years ago when I started driving them although it must be said the trucks themselves have come on in leaps and bounds.

10 - 4 good buddy. ;)

Understood mate,thanks for your contribution. :). My Dad is a truck driver also.

I voted no ARam because whilst I am very happy with my current work (I am a self employed business consultant) my career was banking, joining HSBC (Midland Bank at the time) as my first job. I was with them for 22 years before I broke free to get a few more skills and practical knowledge under the belt. Joined HSBC because I wanted a cushy office job and at 18 didn't know what I wanted to do. My advice to anyone young nowadays is to really focus on discovering what you want to do as early as possible, and give everything to get there. The ideal has to be to secure the skills and knowledge asap and then set up your own business so your own efforts are properly acknowledged and rewarded.

I voted no.

Stuck in a dead end job now for the last 10 years, but it pays the bills.

I've had a couple of jobs that i really did enjoy but lost through no fault of my own.

1 at a printers where i worked from the age of 15 until i took redundancy at the age of 25. Loved the job but the company was taken over and was being asset stripped and slowly wound down.

2 was for a marquee hire company. Worked all over the country doing showgrounds, weddings etc. This was really hard work in all weathers, but i really enjoyed it until i was sacked by the owners ******** of a stepson. Took them to court and got a pay out for unfair dismissal.

I've been lucky enough to always get another job straight away and have never been unemployed. But because i was a **** at school and left at 15 without taking any exams, I am not headhunted for the top jobs.

As I do not have one as such...then no.

I work in an office part time, though I may soon be out of said job. My career path was to be a teacher but it did not work out. I am doing a distance journalism course...so who knows. I am a late bloomer....

Archived