Extended highlights for Gump sausage...WTF?

R@M

It seems the Football League 'show'(?) are at it again. Two weeks in a row they have shown extended highlights of the Gumps' 0-0 boredraws. Last week they were the showcase match! This week one of only two no score matches. They don't even play good football, it was once again hoof only.

We are 8 games unbeaten, playing some of the best football in the leagues and did not even get a mention climbing into the top 6.

Who is making theses decisions?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forest are top of the League therefore deserve to be put first in the highlights package.

I really don't understand why anyone cares where they are in the running order of a football highlights show. Who cares?

So Derby moved into the top 6. Like that's an achievement!

Forest might not play pretty football but pretty football doesn't tend to get you very far. They are having a great season, Pearce is doing a stella job and Forest deserve the plaudits.

Do you think that they don't pick the games beforehand....!!??? And I am 100% sure that every neutral fan would have chosen to see top of the table and flying forest v Brighton rather than a mod table derby team away at Bolton....

Get a grip...I don't care if we are never on the show at all so long as we keep winning.

It seems the Football League 'show'(?) are at it again. Two weeks in a row they have shown extended highlights of the Gumps' 0-0 boredraws. Last week they were the showcase match! This week one of only two no score matches. They don't even play good football, it was once again hoof only.

We are 8 games unbeaten, playing some of the best football in the leagues and did not even get a mention climbing into the top 6.

The games are chosen in advance.

They cant do what they do on MoTD where they can decide which games to show more of, after the game has taken place.

The main highlighted game is always the one single 3 o clock kick off which is sold overseas and has a commentator, and additional cameras. Any extra games with extended highlights are Sky/BT games with early / late kick offs or perhaps a friday night one.

As for the running order, barring the extended highlight games (forests game was not shown first) the goal highlights are in order of the league table. Before the bolton game derby sat about 9th i think which is why we were shown so late. Expect us to feature earlier and earlier as our inevitable climb up the league begins :)

Forest are top of the League therefore deserve to be put first in the highlights package.

I really don't understand why anyone cares where they are in the running order of a football highlights show. Who cares?

So Derby moved into the top 6. Like that's an achievement!

Forest might not play pretty football but pretty football doesn't tend to get you very far. They are having a great season, Pearce is doing a stella job and Forest deserve the plaudits.

I do agree with you when you say who cares, I can't watch the bloody show, It's sausage *****.

Disagree on the great season they are having, It's only 8 games in, still honeymoon period for Pysco and they ain't played anyone any good other than us.

Also how do you come to the conclusion pretty football does'nt get you very far puzzles me!!, Man city, Man utd (of old) Barcelona, madrid all play pretty football and are massively successful and as has already been mentioned Blackpool, Swansea and Southampton.

They do it in league order tbf. Or like if 3rd is playing 4th or something good then they'll go with that over 1st v 12th sometimes.!

But mostly they go down the league

Don't worry, Forest won't be on first for long. It'll be "midtable Derby" and their under achievements. :D

I do agree with you when you say who cares, I can't watch the bloody show, It's sausage *****.

Disagree on the great season they are having, It's only 8 games in, still honeymoon period for Pysco and they ain't played anyone any good other than us.

Also how do you come to the conclusion pretty football does'nt get you very far puzzles me!!, Man city, Man utd (of old) Barcelona, madrid all play pretty football and are massively successful and as has already been mentioned Blackpool, Swansea and Southampton.

You disagree that Forest are having a great season? Well, second in the table 9 games in I beg to differ.

You say they haven't played anyone yet. I would say that if you take Norwich and one or two out of the equation, all the other sides are much of a muchness.

It's easy to say that pretty football gets you somewhere when you are using sides that spend the most cash. How about Chelsea, Man City and QPR last season. All sides who play rather dour attritional football and have had success.

Let's face it, the last time we achieved any kind of success and won promotion was on the back of largely dire performances where we scored and hung on for dear life to a 1-0.

Arsenal are a prime example of a side that puts their pretty football over success and it's to their detriment. They don't win trophies because they don't do ugly.

I would be interested to know that if it were Derby that were sitting pretty in the automatic spots 9 games in, would you then say that it wasn't a great start to the season?

I think it's perfect - they are doing the football-going public a service by just showing the world what tedious, attritional hoof ball is all about, so the 'casual' fan will think twice before polluting their backside from contacting a (normally unoccupied) pink seat.

You disagree that Forest are having a great season? Well, second in the table 9 games in I beg to differ.

You say they haven't played anyone yet. I would say that if you take Norwich and one or two out of the equation, all the other sides are much of a muchness.

It's easy to say that pretty football gets you somewhere when you are using sides that spend the most cash. How about Chelsea, Man City and QPR last season. All sides who play rather dour attritional football and have had success.

Let's face it, the last time we achieved any kind of success and won promotion was on the back of largely dire performances where we scored and hung on for dear life to a 1-0.

Arsenal are a prime example of a side that puts their pretty football over success and it's to their detriment. They don't win trophies because they don't do ugly.

I would be interested to know that if it were Derby that were sitting pretty in the automatic spots 9 games in, would you then say that it wasn't a great start to the season?

Man City? This Man City

The season was notable for City's goal-scoring performances. On 18 January versus Cardiff City, Manchester City became the fastest club in Premier League history to score 100 competitive goals in all competitions and the first to complete this feat before the end of January.

And this is the mentality that will never see England become a top international side. It's a very short term mentality as well.

City's style of play has seen them falter in Europe season after season, no matter how much extra quality they add they just can't seem to go on a run. Burnley and QPR's style of play is seeing them struggle in the Premier League, whereas Southampton and Swansea both survived comfortably and went on to better things the season after.

A side that is promoted utilising hoofball needs to spend at least

Do you think that they don't pick the games beforehand....!!??? And I am 100% sure that every neutral fan would have chosen to see top of the table and flying forest v Brighton rather than a mod table derby team away at Bolton....

Get a grip...I don't care if we are never on the show at all so long as we keep winning.

and as long as there's streams, aywot.?

And this is the mentality that will never see England become a top international side. It's a very short term mentality as well.

City's style of play has seen them falter in Europe season after season, no matter how much extra quality they add they just can't seem to go on a run. Burnley and QPR's style of play is seeing them struggle in the Premier League, whereas Southampton and Swansea both survived comfortably and went on to better things the season after.

A side that is promoted utilising hoofball needs to spend at least

To be fair it's who ever is sitting at the top of the table get the most highlights.

What did annoy me for the 1st time in years I stayed up to watch the football league show.. Seen our goals thought gwarn Derby wonder what they say about us getting into the top 6 etc.

Did they say anything about every team in the championship? Yes. Did they say anything about Derby? No! Unless I missed it wish i never stayed up now =[.

To be fair it's who ever is sitting at the top of the table get the most highlights.

What did annoy me for the 1st time in years I stayed up to watch the football league show.. Seen our goals thought gwarn Derby wonder what they say about us getting into the top 6 etc.

Did they say anything about every team in the championship? Yes. Did they say anything about Derby? No! Unless I missed it wish i never stayed up now =[.

We do get a disproportional amount of coverage - but the other way.

Any claims to the contrary are reactionary I'm afraid , we get mentioned a lot more than some other teams.

The last one was the first time in ages I don't remember Manish saying something like 'and we musty have a quick word about Derby...." even if what comes after that isn't exactly massively insightful. We're helped by having the main presenter of the show covering the midlands outsaide of the show.

Archived