Brayford v Christie

RamNut

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I booed Brayford. F*ck him.

Money grabber, can't hack it, goes back to his boyfriend Nige two leagues below. Great ambition.

Well all of that is nonsense i'm afraid.

He said he went to Sheff Utd out of loyalty to the people who gave him his chance as a footballer.

Which i thought was pretty good.

I booed Brayford. F*ck him.

Money grabber, can't hack it, goes back to his boyfriend Nige two leagues below. Great ambition.

Come on, be fair, things are coming out about Cardiff's Summer '13 transfer window that fit the bill as to why Brayford wasn't playing.

And the second ones a question of moral. Play in the Championship, a division you know you're good enough in, or help the man who's guided him through 90% of his career.

By the way, did he actually acknowledge the reception he received?

Well all of that is nonsense i'm afraid.

He said he went to Sheff Utd out of loyalty to the people who gave him his chance as a footballer.

Which i thought was pretty good.

If he's so loyal, why did he go to Cardiff? You can't be money grabbing one minute and then staying loyal the next.

He was poor yesterday, I think his best days will have been at Derby.

Sad to see Brayford a shadow of his days at Derby. Brayford came through the youth system at Burton you can understand his loyalty to Clough for backing him as a 16 year old. Personally I think we have struggled to replace him, his delivery into the box was superb.

Brayford was great for us and is no more a money grabber than any other player who has moved to a new club for a pay rise.

Christie has had a dream start and not put a foot wrong yet. He could well turn out a top, top player. He's got pace and strength, good technical ability and delivers decent balls into the box.

It was a travesty to drop him for the gumps, really poor decision imo but he will prove to be undroppable if he carries on with this form.

Christie has been so good that everyone seems to be waiting for him to put a foot wrong. I can't believe we've signed someone from Coventry - for pittance - that is so good, it's not logical. 

He's played eight games so far and I've given him four 9s, one 8, two 7s and a 6 for his performances. 

He's been my POTS so far by some way. It's a huge, huge shame he didn't play against Forest. 

Christie has been so good that everyone seems to be waiting for him to put a foot wrong. I can't believe we've signed someone from Coventry - for pittance - that is so good, it's not logical. 

He's played eight games so far and I've given him four 9s, one 8, two 7s and a 6 for his performances. 

He's been my POTS so far by some way. It's a huge, huge shame he didn't play against Forest. 

I agree but I also understand why we started Shotton. His aerial presence was useful for defending set pieces and he did score after all...

I agree but I also understand why we started Shotton. His aerial presence was useful for defending set pieces and he did score after all...

Yeah, no doubting Shotton has his plus points. I felt at the time, and still do, that we went back on a very important fundamental policy in that game for little reasoning.

The play-off final saw Bryson dropped to the bench because Hughes and Hendrick were so good against Brighton at home. At the time, it was met with controversy because we'd left our most proven middle player on the bench but I could understand why. Thorne had to spend a long time on the bench behind Eustace, also. 

However, at Forest, we dropped our most in form player in favour of a more proven defender in Shotton, a decision that arguably didn't come off. But, as you say, he scored.

There is many things Steve McClaren has changed my mind about since he's been here, and the way he picks the team is one of my favourites. I used to, under Clough's reign, always want to opt for the more reputable players if they were fit. Now, I just want the most in form players to play, simple as that.

Christie, at the minute, should be most secure player in the starting XI until he gives me reason to doubt otherwise. The regeneration of Cafu could sign up and be 100% ready for the game against Bolton and I would still want Christie to start. He should start until he puts in a couple of shaky games then give him a rest and give Shotton a chance to own that place. 

Yeah, no doubting Shotton has his plus points. I felt at the time, and still do, that we went back on a very important fundamental policy in that game for little reasoning.

The play-off final saw Bryson dropped to the bench because Hughes and Hendrick were so good against Brighton at home. At the time, it was met with controversy because we'd left our most proven middle player on the bench but I could understand why. Thorne had to spend a long time on the bench behind Eustace, also. 

However, at Forest, we dropped our most in form player in favour of a more proven defender in Shotton, a decision that arguably didn't come off. But, as you say, he scored.

There is many things Steve McClaren has changed my mind about since he's been here, and the way he picks the team is one of my favourites. I used to, under Clough's reign, always want to opt for the more reputable players if they were fit. Now, I just want the most in form players to play, simple as that.

Christie, at the minute, should be most secure player in the starting XI until he gives me reason to doubt otherwise. The regeneration of Cafu could sign up and be 100% ready for the game against Bolton and I would still want Christie to start. He should start until he puts in a couple of shaky games then give him a rest and give Shotton a chance to own that place. 

Exactly, Christie has surprised me, mainly because I didn't know what to expect. He's proving now though that he's more than capable at both ends of the field; 3 assists and has looked solid when defending too. I actually think he's an upgrade from Wisdom.

To be fair to Christie i've heard plenty of people say he was touted for the premier league and why has no one signed him from there. Guess the same could be said about Hughes at times.

Being non biased I don't think it's really fair basing Brayford on his performance getting told to sit back all game. It's not his game he likes to bomb forward! My mate is a season ticket holder at Sheff Utd and said he's a class above and as much as I love Christie I would agree!

Both are quality right backs who could walk into any championship side!

Archived