Nigel Clough on Brian Clough interview

cosmic

well well hi Nigell bashers so RUSH is the savior of this great club a clough got it out of the doldrums of lower league standing to life with the elite.another Clough was asked to leave a club he had spent 10 

years building the foundations and the club was 19 points clear of the opposition,

to drag Derby county out of the mire which he did ,he built a team with very little money,and all it needed was fine tuning,Nigel  was here four + years and was sacked after a few games by a former

agent and it was also decided the club no longer needed a manager and a coach will do

last season was great. with 10 plus of cloughs sighning,and this season is promising with at least 9 of

his players in the squad Rush dont like Clough suprise Clough dont like Rush

dont forget this club  owe s  a lot to Nigel Clough  and fans having a dig is disrespectful

and bugs alot of fans.looking forward to the accounts coming out to see how we suddenly had money to spen

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do wonder how many just sit and wait for the name Nigel Clough to appear and then they disengage brain and unleash garbage. Sad.

At the same time there's some that just sit and wait to defend him, think we should have a Nigel board and last man standing wins the internet

If Nigel wasn't the son of Brian this thread wouldn't exist. Nigel did an ok job with what he got. We have got better managers and we have got worse managers. I'm sure that most managers that get the sack are a bit bitter and for a good reason I believe. There are bound to be things that they would have liked done but the board hasn't let them.

I believe that the somewhat unfairly harsh criticism against Nigel has created an opposite powers which will defend him more strongly than usual. About the interview I see no special agenda behind Nigel's words, he simply talks of his dad the way that is deserved.

Yet again yesterday I watched a Derby side containing a hard core of 9 Clough signings. We have faffed around at right back and keep trying to get Dawkins to fit in the side, with no success.

Schteeve has done well but I'm still watching Clough's side you can't argue against that ?

People like Sam Rush etc have now't do with it.

Nice article here (too long to copy/paste) and video of classic Clough Snr. There's a full interview and programme tonight on Five Live from 9pm.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29273680

On a side note, Nigel has a pop at Sam Rush:

Nigel Clough says his late father Brian would have been a success in the modern game, but "dismayed and flabbergasted" by the money-men and agents. It is 10 years since legendary manager Clough died from cancer, aged 69. "He still would have been incredibly successful," he told BBC Radio 5 live's Pat Murphy. "But there's an obscene amount of money in the game and I think the final straw would have been that there are ex-agents getting involved running clubs."

I cannot see any sniping involved here at all.

If Nigel Clough owned a white cat, some people would say that it is because he doesn't like black ones. People will look for hidden meanings in anything - it's not Clough who is the bitter, twisted and obsessed one - it is the people looking for hidden meanings in everything he says who really ought to look at themselves.

Yet again yesterday I watched a Derby side containing a hard core of 9 Clough signings. We have faffed around at right back and keep trying to get Dawkins to fit in the side, with no success.

Schteeve has done well but I'm still watching Clough's side you can't argue against that ?

People like Sam Rush etc have now't do with it.

But we didnt score until Ibe and Best came on. No way woul nigel been able to attract those players to join us.

But we didnt score until Ibe and Best came on. No way woul nigel been able to attract those players to join us.

Agreed.... It would have been Tamas Priskin and Lee Johnson instead....

Archived