Derby pissing me off!

Boycie

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think you've hit the nail on the head about the "executive package" personally.

Executive package was for tickets in the box, wasn't it?

One year, I didn't manage to get tickets so I bought the executive package. It was actually pretty decent. Lots of food, Andy Appleby was walking round all the tables just chatting, and then just normal tickets to the game. None of this box malarkey 

It definitely was the case that they owed us money, but as someone said above, we would have heard more about it if they still owed us money. You can pretty much guarantee that the matter is resolved.

Steve Nicholson said that as far as he was aware it had been paid when I asked him on Twitter a few weeks back.

One year, I didn't manage to get tickets so I bought the executive package. It was actually pretty decent. Lots of food, Andy Appleby was walking round all the tables just chatting, and then just normal tickets to the game. None of this box malarkey

It's something I consider as I know as a non season ticket holder I have no chance of getting a ticket any more. Would be surprised if they didn't sell them, but I guess you never know, especially as the game at their place is on the telly regularly now.

Think we all would B4. Like many others have said the away fans deserve the right and people who go the extra mile to pay for membership. I have done neither.

Should I be able to get a ticket because I'm a season ticket and don't turn up at 5am in the morning to queue with there being announced last night there being 200 left? No I won't.

So all in all am I dissapointed? Yes, but after all they deserve priority and maybe next season I'll make sure I go. It's on TV so if we do lose well be glad we never went! Hopefully a win thoe ;)..

It's refreshing seeing the club reward loyalty and getting extra money in on top of that charging

I said it before, even though I didn't go to 8 away matches last year and even though I don't have an away membership, I think it's a fair system to reward those people.

However it's a touch unfair for me to discuss this with any credibility since I have my ticket as of this morning despite being a dirty filthy regular ST holder pleb.

I've never been to Forest away. Dad didn't want to take me when I was young and it's difficult even for us ST holders these days. We also live away so no chance of queuing up for tickets.

Every home game is like an away game for us, with the cost of travel. On top of that my dad struggles to make the commitment to make all the home games with work as it is, so there's good reasons for why it's only a couple of away games a season. We've had the same seats since the stadium opened. With that loyalty in mind, we really deserve tickets.

However, some people deserve it more. We all have good excuses for not going as often as others but someone needs to be first choice. Our loyalty to Derby as a family has been above average but I accept the hardy souls who have travelled to South Wales on a Tuesday night, been to Plymouth and Newcastle all the other unglamorous away fixtures in between, sometimes taking annual leave to make it, deserve it far more than I do. I'm proud of the way I support my club but there are at least  2,000 fans more loyal than I am. Maybe some other season ticket holders should think about that before they moan about not getting tickets (blokes behind me at PP, if you're reading...).

I've never been to Forest away. Dad didn't want to take me when I was young and it's difficult even for us ST holders these days. We also live away so no chance of queuing up for tickets.

Every home game is like an away game for us, with the cost of travel. On top of that my dad struggles to make the commitment to make all the home games with work as it is, so there's good reasons for why it's only a couple of away games a season. We've had the same seats since the stadium opened. With that loyalty in mind, we really deserve tickets.

However, some people deserve it more. We all have good excuses for not going as often as others but someone needs to be first choice. Our loyalty to Derby as a family has been above average but I accept the hardy souls who have travelled to South Wales on a Tuesday night, been to Plymouth and Newcastle all the other unglamorous away fixtures in between, sometimes taking annual leave to make it, deserve it far more than I do. I'm proud of the way I support my club but there are at least  2,000 fans more loyal than I am. Maybe some other season ticket holders should think about that before they moan about not getting tickets (blokes behind me at PP, if you're reading...).

Exactly. To be fair, I only went to 2 away games last year. 1 was Leicester in the cup, because it's not that far away and there wasn't a huge clamour for tickets so it was easily done, the other was Wembley because I couldn't miss going to Wembley could I? Nearly did the Brighton away leg in the playoffs but it was midweek and pricey so it never happened. Wanted to go to Forest away last year but couldn't get tickets.

Generally, I think it's the cost and travel that causes a problem for most. That's certainly my problem. None of our party drive so we can't take a car to away games, and the trains are absolutely ridiculous in their pricing these days. Plus the rapidly increasing ticket prices....I couldn't afford 8 away games a year if I wanted to.

So I guess those people shelling out hundreds of

I said it before, even though I didn't go to 8 away matches last year and even though I don't have an away membership, I think it's a fair system to reward those people.

However it's a touch unfair for me to discuss this with any credibility since I have my ticket as of this morning despite being a dirty filthy regular ST holder pleb.

Don't forget the student bit either Tombo. You dirty filthy regular ST pleb student. Enjoy the game buddy, or perhaps offer the ticket to B4 at 100% uplift and start repaying some of your government debt.

Don't forget the student bit either Tombo. You dirty filthy regular ST pleb student. Enjoy the game buddy, or perhaps offer the ticket to B4 at 100% uplift and start repaying some of your government debt.

You're just desperate for me to get into full time work so I can be taxed more to pay your state pension  ;)

Tombo I see where you're coming from. But people make it sound like the ones going to loads of away games are investment bankers or something. I know away games are pricey, and that's another thing that's limited, but for some people their commitment to Derby is a massive financial investment.

For me, these people deserve to be first choice for both Wembley and Forest, or any other cup matches.

It's not a loyalty competition, it's simply the best way of handling something which is fundamentally unfair.

Tombo I see where you're coming from. But people make it sound like the ones going to loads of away games are investment bankers or something. I know away games are pricey, and that's another thing that's limited, but for some people their commitment to Derby is a massive financial investment.

For me, these people deserve to be first choice for both Wembley and Forest, or any other cup matches.

It's not a loyalty competition, it's simply the best way of handling something which is fundamentally unfair.

The system is totally fair, it's just the way everyone gets so shirty about how loyal they are when they're fighting over 2,002 tickets. 

I wanted to go just my dad got work agggr but I do understand he has to work. I think these damn away card members are ******* annoying.

so you couldn't go anyway. 

I still think away membership is unfiar.

I didn't buy an away membership and got a ticket.

I agree the membership thing is a rip off though, but moaning about it when you can't even go is a bit rich don't you think?

I never moan me :blink:

I tried phoning but gave up.

At 5 seconds to 9 " the ticket office is closed, opening hours are....."

15 seconds later......" All our lines are busy"

Repeat

Repeat

Repeat

Archived