Derby pissing me off!

Boycie

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And do they still owe us that money? I think we'd have heard more about it if they did. I have a feeling this is going to be one of those urban myths.

Like when you mention Ravanelli in Derby and someone inevitably goes "We're still paying off his wages aren't we?"

Was it true he offered to play for free because he loved the restaurant on Saddlers Gate?

I did see a list of all the away followings at Forest in 2013/14, and a few clubs were shown to have taken up the full 2002 allocation...yet only 1950 shown for us. Given that last year there was no loyalty factor taken into account when allocating Forest tickets, people had to queue up for hours, run up big phone bills, or get ripped off for the away membership fee...but they were definitely sold out. I wasn't able to get 1, and I'd been to every Forest away game since 87/88. 

The question is would 50 people- having gone to all that trouble to get a ticket- really turn round and say 'I think I'll give it a miss after all'...?

So what happened to those 50 tickets? I just wonder if that 'club package' of breakfast at Pride Park, luxury coach to the City Ground etc was a total flop, but rather than release the unsold tickets to people desperate to go, the club just kept quiet...

I did see a list of all the away followings at Forest in 2013/14, and a few clubs were shown to have taken up the full 2002 allocation...yet only 1950 shown for us. Given that last year there was no loyalty factor taken into account when allocating Forest tickets, people had to queue up for hours, run up big phone bills, or get ripped off for the away membership fee...but they were definitely sold out. I wasn't able to get 1, and I'd been to every Forest away game since 87/88. 

The question is would 50 people- having gone to all that trouble to get a ticket- really turn round and say 'I think I'll give it a miss after all'...?

So what happened to those 50 tickets? I just wonder if that 'club package' of breakfast at Pride Park, luxury coach to the City Ground etc was a total flop, but rather than release the unsold tickets to people desperate to go, the club just kept quiet...

Turned away by stewards for causing trouble maybe? There are always a few. Maybe not 50 but still.

Some people will have had family emergencies, missed trains, got stuck in traffic, lost their ticket etc...

Tbf I think they ll get to general sale. We gave you 2002 last year and you didn't sell out

'There are 28,276 fans at the City Ground, 1,951 of them from Derby. That's another bugbear between these two sides - ticket allocation.

'As a result there is nearly a complete circle of red apart from a tiny cheese slice of white in the middle.

- daily mail

Edit: sorry my bad. Just seen you've sold out. Well done lads

We definitely did sell out last year, that's absolute barmy to suggest otherwise  :lol:

In fact, I can't remember the last time this game went to general sale - I doubt it ever did, to be honest.

Brighton, Leicester, Yeovil, Forest, Barnsley, Wednesday, Reading, Leeds. *Just made it with the eight away games. EDIT: Brighton in play-offs and Wembley too - I forgot. 

I also bought an away membership too. 

If you don't want to miss out, you just have to pay the extra - it's horrible, but no away member has missed out for Forest tickets. 

Moaning at Forest fans for their allocation is something that bugs me, it makes no sense to bitch and moan, especially as it's been the case for some time now.

I loved the days of 4/5 thousand down at their place, but fair play to them. We've done exactly the same.

It was in last year derby evening telegrath

It definitely was the case that they owed us money, but as someone said above, we would have heard more about it if they still owed us money. You can pretty much guarantee that the matter is resolved. 

It definitely was the case that they owed us money, but as someone said above, we would have heard more about it if they still owed us money. You can pretty much guarantee that the matter is resolved.

The weather (if I remember correctly) was bitterly cold that day with an easterly wind with slight sleet. This is why people with tickets didn't turn up. We never perform well in these conditions.

And concerning the money we owe you. Give it a rest will you. He ll pay when he wants. It's the Arabian way.

I did see a list of all the away followings at Forest in 2013/14, and a few clubs were shown to have taken up the full 2002 allocation...yet only 1950 shown for us. Given that last year there was no loyalty factor taken into account when allocating Forest tickets, people had to queue up for hours, run up big phone bills, or get ripped off for the away membership fee...but they were definitely sold out. I wasn't able to get 1, and I'd been to every Forest away game since 87/88.

The question is would 50 people- having gone to all that trouble to get a ticket- really turn round and say 'I think I'll give it a miss after all'...?

Think you've hit the nail on the head about the "executive package" personally.

I wanted to go just my dad got work agggr but I do understand he has to work. I think these damn away card members are ******* annoying.

Disagree. The vast majority of away members are the group who go to every game (used to be Rams On Tour - not sure if they still do that or not) and the others pay at least

Archived