Best TV Dramas

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14 November 2015 15:20:30, LesterRam said:

I am watching last kingdom and up to date on game of thrones, anything else similar on ?

Glad you put this up, I've caught up with all 4 episodes on I player over last 2 days, (being wet and no footie worth a mention).

Read Bernard Cornwell's books on holiday, if you like the Last Kingdom and haven't done so I'd recommend them.

Yeah the missus is a huge cornwell

all honesty the only book i have read is clough's biography and that took me five flights to read. Sorry this is almost impossible write using windows enabled phone.

20 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Glad you put this up, I've caught up with all 4 episodes on I player over last 2 days, (being wet and no footie worth a mention).

Read Bernard Cornwell's books on holiday, if you like the Last Kingdom and haven't done so I'd recommend them.

3 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

I enjoyed a series called Unforgotten on ITV that finished this week, it was a crime drama which I'm usually a bit "meh" with but they were saying there's going to be another series which I'll give a go. 

Thought it was terrific... Very well acted too, give me British drama over American stuff any day

Just seen this trailer, retweeted by Stephen King.

One of my favourite books, 11.22.63. totally blew my mind. 

I cannot wait for this to air, but I can only find news of it being shown on HULU in US, hopefully it will be aired by someone else here.

1 minute ago, robglosta said:

Mr Robot - far better than you might presume and the only series to score 100% for EVERY episode on Rotten Tom's.  Well worth a watch.  

just watched it over the last week. I think I need to watch the finale again cos I kept getting distracted and I don't think I understood what actually happened! lol

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

just watched it over the last week. I think I need to watch the finale again cos I kept getting distracted and I don't think I understood what actually happened! lol

Ha - that'd help.  

Also Narcos is fantastic.  Some quality TV about at the minute. 

58 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Just seen this trailer, retweeted by Stephen King.

One of my favourite books, 11.22.63. totally blew my mind. 

I cannot wait for this to air, but I can only find news of it being shown on HULU in US, hopefully it will be aired by someone else here.

Looks good from the trailer.Good cast.

Was an awesome book.

Hopefully someone picks it up in UK mate.

Reading King's new book of short stories now which are great.

12 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I think I need to re-watch the whole season from the point of view of knowing what did happen at the end.

Going to start Jessica Jones on Netflix tonight, it's been getting great reviews so fingers crossed for it.

47 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I think I need to re-watch the whole season from the point of view of knowing what did happen at the end.

Going to start Jessica Jones on Netflix tonight, it's been getting great reviews so fingers crossed for it.

is that the one with David Tennant in?

Think I saw a clip on Jonathan Woss's show the other night.

The thing with these Marvel shows being a Netlix property means they can  be a lot darker as they haven't got the network boards to keep happy.

Daredevil was very dark and sinister, especially when you compare it to a tv based show like Agents  of Shield l, Flash or Supergirl.

10 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

The thing with these Marvel shows being a Netlix property means they can  be a lot darker as they haven't got the network boards to keep happy.

Daredevil was very dark and sinister, especially when you compare it to a tv based show like Agents  of Shield l, Flash or Supergirl.

you watch an awful lot of TV, and play a lot of games......

Joys side of not working due to my health. 

I play games to help with pain management and give up and go to bed around 6pm so then get comfy and watch tv through to 11ish. If there is a show that I get hooked on and is a bit old I sometimes binge on it from earlier in the day.

Archived