Probable CB incoming? - Vicars adding to the fire

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vicars tweeted he expects at least 1 more addition before end of august. I hope we leave it till deadline day personally, we've never had an exciting deadline day before have we?

I think it would be in defence. I imagine a winger will wait until the loan window and the likes of Liverpool and Man Utd figure out what's happening with Lingard and Ibe...etc 

Goodness knows why they gave Whitbread a contract when he spent the vast majority of his time with us on loan injured.

Whitbread played in 4 games for us last season, was an unused sub in 27, and missed 10 games injured. That's hardly "the vast majority of his time with us on loan injured".

Vicars tweeted he expects at least 1 more addition before end of august. I hope we leave it till deadline day personally, we've never had an exciting deadline day before have we?

You mean you don't remember the afternoon we lost Sammon to Wigan? Will be telling the grandkids about that one.

I personally think that a loan CB is needed and potentially cover for RB (unless Freeman does stay), with Buxton slight niggle and Whitbread with the odd injury, having Forsyth at CB and Naylor at LB doesn't seem sturdy for even a few games in the middle of a tough season. With the loanee CB as extra cover, it gives that litle bit more back-up and security

Whitbread played in 4 games for us last season, was an unused sub in 27, and missed 10 games injured. That's hardly "the vast majority of his time with us on loan injured".

To be injured 10 games when you've only played 4 is ridiculous. Follows his career pattern though. You can't rely on a back up who can't stay fit.

To be injured 10 games when you've only played 4 is ridiculous. Follows his career pattern though. You can't rely on a back up who can't stay fit.

Available for 27 more tho, team selection not his fault.

Saying that if he played more he would be injured more

I just have a feeling in my water that a new centre back will arrive today #IMW

Driving up from South Coast to North Yorkshire today, and hoping to find we have the next best thing from Croatia coming to us when I next login.

Don't really wanna see Fozzy at CH and Naylor at left back of I'm honest

Totally agree but was actually impressed with Naylor against Rangers (yeah I know it was only Rangers) he seemed to have a good strong crossing ability and got down the line well in the second half - only time I think I've seen him play for any reasonable period. Obviously would prefer to see Fozzy there but impressed nonetheless.

Archived