Probable CB incoming? - Vicars adding to the fire

North_Stand_Ram

Whitbread trained and played for the development squad for the majority of last season without any problem. He has now cracked a rib after a collision, he hasn't pulled a muscle or suffered a breakdown of a vital bodily organ! Players go through bad injury patches and then hardly miss a game, Commons and Steve Davies to name but two. The latter, like Whitbread, suffered all manner of freak accidents which had nothing to do with his body letting him down.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whitbread trained and played for the development squad for the majority of last season without any problem. He has now cracked a rib after a collision, he hasn't pulled a muscle or suffered a breakdown of a vital bodily organ! Players go through bad injury patches and then hardly miss a game, Commons and Steve Davies to name but two. The latter, like Whitbread, suffered all manner of freak accidents which had nothing to do with his body letting him down.

Steve Davies was a prime candidate for 'death by paper cut' at one stage, or a fatal cornflake accident.

My opinion on Whitbread is there are a lot worse options out there, he has a fair amount of experience, can do the job when called upon, yeah his injury proneness is a problem but thats why he isnt first choice, hes only back up so thats all he needs to be 

I'm afraid I still feel a season of Buxton and Keogh won't get us promoted. Too many weaknesses against aggressive, pacy forwards. Whitbread is a back-up man not a first choice. We need a dominant leader who needn't be a good footballer (we have plenty of midfield ball players to pass to).

I'm afraid I still feel a season of Buxton and Keogh won't get us promoted. Too many weaknesses against aggressive, pacy forwards. Whitbread is a back-up man not a first choice. We need a dominant leader who needn't be a good footballer (we have plenty of midfield ball players to pass to).

I'll ask, yet again, who and with what money?

I'll ask, yet again, who and with what money?

What money did we spend on Mascarell? The Premiership clubs are deciding on their best line-ups so some of them will be available on loan and we are obviously speaking to European teams. Plus, we never seem to sell players for decent money. We might yet get cash in if offers come in.

I'm just saying the obvious weak spots last year were defensive. I'm really surprised we haven't addressed this.

John O'Shea might struggle to make Sunderland's first team this year. He would do a job for a season.

Archived