Probable CB incoming? - Vicars adding to the fire

North_Stand_Ram

Still think we're hopeful of selling Freeman so, for me, I reckon it will be someone who can play both RB and CB.

Add in the criteria of "young" and "from a Prem team", Boyata would be my guess. I'd say Martin Kelly but I'd be surprised if a lower Prem team didn't take him.

I thought I had read somewhere that as Boyata is only one of a limited number of (perceived) homegrown players at City he would stay in the squad this year by default, particularly given the FFP imposed Euro restrictions. Might be wrong?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I had read somewhere that as Boyata is only one of a limited number of (perceived) homegrown players at City he would stay in the squad this year by default, particularly given the FFP imposed Euro restrictions. Might be wrong?

I think City are OK with that. It's Chelsea that are really struggling with it.

Myself, I'm not reading into this centre half thing too much. The reality is that we probably only need someone (at present) to come in and play this weekend for us, then after that Bucko is likely to be fit to resume his position. With Whitbread and OB to soon return to the fold too, really can't see us bringing anyone in. Don't need to. IMO

What's to say OB and Whitbread will be fit for a dozen games between them this season? History tells you they may not. Goodness knows why they gave Whitbread a contract when he spent the vast majority of his time with us on loan injured. And OB hasn't been fit for over a season, there's nothing to suggest he will get fit and then remain uninjured for a while.

Imo a new centre half to push Keogh/Bucko is important.

Archived