Probable CB incoming? - Vicars adding to the fire

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What money did we spend on Mascarell? The Premiership clubs are deciding on their best line-ups so some of them will be available on loan and we are obviously speaking to European teams. Plus, we never seem to sell players for decent money. We might yet get cash in if offers come in.

I'm just saying the obvious weak spots last year were defensive. I'm really surprised we haven't addressed this.

John O'Shea might struggle to make Sunderland's first team this year. He would do a job for a season.

Some kid from Everton isn't going to be the commanding CB you're talking about. O'Shea isn't just on PL wages, he's on United type wages.

I'm saying there is 0 chance he wouldn't get another prem off and also 0 chance he wouldn't be on south of 30k a week.

we could pay 10k with the parent club feeling the benefit of not paying 100% of his wages for a season.

It's swings and round abouts.

What money did we spend on Mascarell? The Premiership clubs are deciding on their best line-ups so some of them will be available on loan and we are obviously speaking to European teams. Plus, we never seem to sell players for decent money. We might yet get cash in if offers come in.

I'm just saying the obvious weak spots last year were defensive. I'm really surprised we haven't addressed this.

John O'Shea might struggle to make Sunderland's first team this year. He would do a job for a season.

Could it be that the right player hasn't been available yet? A technicality lost on many fans but valid nevertheless!

Archived