Leon Best - Alan Nixon Rumour

North_Stand_Ram

Best has a no better scoring record than Sammon....

Would not trust either one of them one-on-one with a keeper...The Blackburn fans want this to be true more than us just so they are rid of him. Says it all.

Initial reaction is no thanks, I know Schteve has brought out the best in players but this would be a miracle. Martin was pretty solid at staying injury free last season and he takes w few whacks each game. This would be an expensive bench option, as like i said, is no better than Sammon or any other striking option we currently have.

He's a much better player than Sammon.

Not that I want him. He's always injured and he seems to be a bit of a knobber. But if he is on the bench instead of Sammon then that's an improvement.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leon Best is good in the air, but his distribution is pretty poor. 

I don't think it's the worst signing in the world, but I can't see him making Martin sweat over his position. 

Is there anyone we could realistically get who would really make Martin worry about being dropped? He's probably in the most secure position out of anyone in the starting line-up (Forsyth's pretty secure too).

I feel that if we get someone pretty decent in, Martin will not get injured once all season.

If we get someone crap in, Martin will get injured against Rotherham.

Is there anyone we could realistically get who would really make Martin worry about being dropped? He's probably in the most secure position out of anyone in the starting line-up (Forsyth's pretty secure too).

I feel that if we get someone pretty decent in, Martin will not get injured once all season.

Ha!

Yep, that's the Derby way.

Thorne wouldn't have got injured if we hadn't got excited.

I don't know, probably not. Murray would offer a threat though. 

For back-up players, I'm always keen on someone who is hungry to break through though. I'm sure there is some young, promising, lower league lad out there. Matt Smith, for an oaf, would be ideal. 

Cant see Murray leaving Palace's bench to come and sit on ours. He is still very much in and around the Palace squad whereas Best is not wanted...like Ward at Sheff Utd...so he would want a move.

Cant say much about Best's attitude as like I mentioned above Ward came here with a so called attitude too. If Mc can get his head right I think we could be a really good signing for us...not many would have thought much different this time last year about Marin...give Best a chance thats what I think.

Not been mentioned from what I can see but Ed Dawes now follows Best on twitter

Best and his personality will come out if he is on the bench,which he would be.I wont lose sleep if we sign him or if we dont.

He would come here knowing he would be behind Martin in the first place.

All I know is I would much rather look to the touchline and see him coming on for us than sammon. As soon as he came on for Blackburn I knew he would score for them against us

Steve Nicholson said we've contacted Blackburn but he doesn't know how far it's gone.

One thing about Nigel's team was they all had a good attitude and there we no big time Charlie's. I know at some point we will be signing players with an ego because players who have actually achieved something tend to rightfully have some arrogance about their ability and what it's worth.

Maybe Best is a sound guy and we've got him all wrong. Just can't shake that feeling that him and his wages aren't going to be a good fit.

Ah well, probably go elsewhere

Steve Nicholson said we've contacted Blackburn but he doesn't know how far it's gone.

One thing about Nigel's team was they all had a good attitude and there we no big time Charlie's. I know at some point we will be signing players with an ego because players who have actually achieved something tend to rightfully have some arrogance about their ability and what it's worth.

Maybe Best is a sound guy and we've got him all wrong. Just can't shake that feeling that him and his wages aren't going to be a good fit.

Ah well, probably go elsewhere

Nixon said that we won't pay anything more than half his wages, so I don't think we're willing to break the bank for him. It's another wait and see one anyway, his reputation is similar - if not better - than when we signed Martin, so there's always hope. 

:unsure:

Archived