Leon Best - Alan Nixon Rumour

North_Stand_Ram

It's very hard to score in the premiership. 6 goals in a season isn't an awful return for a player like Best, which is why he got his 3m move, and one can only assume he was a bit part player in that season also... Sammon scored 1 in two years. Martin scored 0 in half a season. Plus, it's not all about goalscoring, you can still perform very well.

I am not saying he can not play, is he a target man like Martin , don't believe so.

Also what's wrong at Blackburn, (don't say its his wages please ).

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big, strong lad who can stand in for Martin and lead the line, or come on with thirty minutes to go and get hold of the ball. Isn't that just what we want? We don't need another Russell, Dawkins or a Ward, we don't even want a Bamford. We have no doubt looked at young players who MIGHT become available on loan and there aren't any with his experience or particular skills. We could dither and lose the chance.I would have thought that he was the ideal candidate.

I agree, we need someone with that presence and hold up play that Martin has and Best can offer that. Russell, Dawks, Ward an Bennett are all better out wide.

The thing is it cant be easy getting someone who we expect to warm the bench. IF Best comes he no doubt will be pushing to displace Martin. If he cant then is he a better option than Sammon? I would say yes. If he does displace Martin then either Martin is having a bad spell or Best is on fire. Either way I can't see this as a bad move.

Jurys out on him for me, he could be very dangerous in the dressing room. If reports are to be believed then he's got a s***e big time charlie attitude and we don't want that disrupting our team cohesion. However, our lads are an honest, humble bunch and i can see that as a calming influence on him. If he gets with the program and gets on everybody elses wave length and buys in to what we're all about then i can see him being a dangerous player for us off the bench time will tell . . .

The thing is it cant be easy getting someone who we expect to warm the bench. IF Best comes he no doubt will be pushing to displace Martin. If he cant then is he a better option than Sammon? I would say yes. If he does displace Martin then either Martin is having a bad spell or Best is on fire. Either way I can't see this as a bad move.

Archived