Leon Best - Alan Nixon Rumour

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's scored against Derby County quite a bit.

From Nottingham int he? :/

He's a forest fan.

But he's fine in my book because forest tried to sign him and he said no and went elsewhere... Can't remember which team it was now.

42 games over 3 seasons first season 0 goals second 4 goals third 6 goals .

It's very hard to score in the premiership. 6 goals in a season isn't an awful return for a player like Best, which is why he got his 3m move, and one can only assume he was a bit part player in that season also... Sammon scored 1 in two years. Martin scored 0 in half a season. Plus, it's not all about goalscoring, you can still perform very well.

Big, strong lad who can stand in for Martin and lead the line, or come on with thirty minutes to go and get hold of the ball. Isn't that just what we want? We don't need another Russell, Dawkins or a Ward, we don't even want a Bamford. We have no doubt looked at young players who MIGHT become available on loan and there aren't any with his experience or particular skills. We could dither and lose the chance.I would have thought that he was the ideal candidate.

It's very hard to score in the premiership. 6 goals in a season isn't an awful return for a player like Best, which is why he got his 3m move, and one can only assume he was a bit part player in that season also... Sammon scored 1 in two years. Martin scored 0 in half a season. Plus, it's not all about goalscoring, you can still perform very well.

I'm not defending him because I've not seen enough of him, other than the cracking own goal he scored for us in the play offs.

But, you are spot on. Stats tell a story you want to tell.

Archived