Leon Best - Alan Nixon Rumour

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking into numbers for a loan apparently.

Would be decent backup to Martin...always rated him and thought he would be quality for Blackburn but think he picked an injury in his first few weeks there.

Better option from the bench than sammon

Isn't he a treehugger? Never liked him, and sure that's the reason. Nixon also said something to the effect that they'd put him in a taxi and send him straight down if we were the slightest bit interested, as they absolutely can't wait to be shot of him.

The close season will turn into a bit of a disappointment if we suddenly end up with Carroll and Best, to go alongside a crocked Georgie. We talk about needing cover for Martin, but I'd far rather wait and grab a high quality Premier League loan if we actually need cover, rather than mediocre players who I don't believe are close to improving our team but will sit on our bench picking uip a good wage. What Sam said last year about our wages being out on the pitch was a really telling comment. I hope he's not forgotten it...

He's better than Sammon but Blackburn allegedly want rid because of large wages. Could be good for us with the right coaching though.

Why would coaching make any difference?

He's 27.

If he doesn't know what he's supposed to do by now then he never will.

The Moor Farm sighting was yesterday.

Best has an attitude but if McClaren can get him in line then he would be a good signing...good finisher just see his goal against us opening day...powerful, a bit of pace, decent in the air and got a good touch.

For me there is no doubting his ability more his attitude.

Coaching can still make a huge difference regardless of age; just look at Grant's improvement under Steele as an example of that.

I think that was more about concentration.

Archived