Bamford on loan, Wolves and Boro also interested - Express & Star

Walsall_Ram

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Bamford came in and Mac played him and thought hmmm ? He tried him in a couple of different positions, but eventually he was an 'impact sub'... I doubt he'll be back here.

Its just my opinion, but i think he's like John Stead, he could go up or down in peoples opinions,as his game is so patchy, a lot depends on what position he suits best, untill he finds out and 'makes it his own' he wont make it in the prem.

It's not that simple. Can we afford their wages? Will they settle in to the club? At least with Bamford we know what we're getting because we saw it last season. Plus, who exactly do you have in mind that can replace him?

But if you want a winger that can cross, track back, take set pieces AND score 10-15 goals, then you're dreaming. That kind of player is out of our price range.

It's not as simple as we want Bamford, he comes here. Why would he want to come back? I'm sure he enjoyed himself but he's a striker and has to be playing up front. He wouldn't get that here

It's not as simple as we want Bamford, he comes here. Why would he want to come back? I'm sure he enjoyed himself but he's a striker and has to be playing up front. He wouldn't get that here

But if we can get him, we know he can perform here. Whereas going for someone else who on paper has all the attributes (and costs twice as much for this reason) means taking a risk on him settling into the team and the style.

But if we can get him, we know he can perform here. Whereas going for someone else who on paper has all the attributes (and costs twice as much for this reason) means taking a risk on him settling into the team and the style.

I agree. If we could get Bamford back, I would want him. However, he's not coming back. Unless we change our formation (not happening) then there's no chance of him joining us again.

I agree. If we could get Bamford back, I would want him. However, he's not coming back. Unless we change our formation (not happening) then there's no chance of him joining us again.

I doubt we can get him back too. I'm just saying that if we can get him, then he would slot in nicely. If not, we need to replace him somehow.

Thats a risk you take with every new player though

Honestly, I'm being serious. Technically, he's absolute dog poo, and he doesn't score goals. Another one of Ferguson's expensive flops.

I don't rate him really highly, in fact I reckon Bolasie is a better player, but he's still plenty good enough to destroy the Championship as he showed a couple of seasons ago. Would be a top signing but unlikely.

Honestly, I'm being serious. Technically, he's absolute dog poo, and he doesn't score goals. Another one of Ferguson's expensive flops.

Did you not see him at Cardiff last year? He was the best player in the team, the impact he had just on loan was huge. He was the only player that looked a real threat, every time he pushed forward he looked like he would do something, either score or set up a goal. He would be perfect in a side like ours.

Did you not see him at Cardiff last year? He was the best player in the team, the impact he had just on loan was huge. He was the only player that looked a real threat, every time he pushed forward he looked like he would do something, either score or set up a goal. He would be perfect in a side like ours.

I didn't but a quick google search told me that for most of the time he looked 'uninterested and sulky with occasional flashes of brilliance' to paraphrase the articles. If you try the tricks as many times as he does, they are bound to come off occasionally. Not the sort of player I want here, and luckily he wouldn't come anyway.

The only positive report was a substitute appearance against Manure in which he played a big part in them winning 2-1. Another went as far as to call him a disgrace

I would like to see Zaha come, he is good at this level and would replace Bamford perfectly imo

He's scored less than 1 in 10 in his career, mostly at this level. He could never replace Bamford's goals, and wouldn't add any extra work rate.

He's scored less than 1 in 10 in his career, mostly at this level. He could never replace Bamford's goals, and wouldn't add any extra work rate.

How come youre so sure? I honestly think he would make the most of any first team game time he can get to perhaps prove himself, which would work in our favour 

I didn't but a quick google search told me that for most of the time he looked 'uninterested and sulky with occasional flashes of brilliance' to paraphrase the articles. If you try the tricks as many times as he does, they are bound to come off occasionally. Not the sort of player I want here, and luckily he wouldn't come anyway.

The only positive report was a substitute appearance against Manure in which he played a big part in them winning 2-1. Another went as far as to call him a disgrace

How is that in any way different to Bamford? The only difference is Zaha's 'flashes of brilliance' are of a higher quality than Bamford's...

Archived