Gary Mackay-Steven - FLW sources

tomonred

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think there's a good case that Ward is the most effective winger of the three.

I'd like to see Russell and Dawkins get injury free seasons and push on, and no doubt Wardy isn't going to get any better, but still.

Mackay-Stevens? Never seen him play. So feck knows. Trust Macca and see what happens.

Sounds like he's similar to Ward already.

I'm not arsed about whether we get a wide player or not. The three we've got and Bennett are fine.

So er, yeah. Whatever.

Yeah I'm the same, not too fussed. Would be an exciting player to watch because of his flair, but I just don't get all the Ward bashing  :wacko:

This guy has the skills. Can easily beat a man and has a very tidy finish. If he only has 1 year left then we can get him at a bargain price. Our Scottish base could help attract him here. Must be looking to replace/faze out Ward. We have so many wingers. Russell, Ward, Dawkins, Bennett. Now Santos and McDonald too. 

I still think there's a good case that Ward is the most effective winger of the three.

I'd like to see Russell and Dawkins get injury free seasons and push on, and no doubt Wardy isn't going to get any better, but still.

I'm not one who thinks Ward should go, I really hope he stays - but these criticisms haven't come from nowhere.

He hasn't scored a goal since December.

The thing about Ward is that he can't last 90 minutes and he is injury prone. We are all waiting for him to pick up another run of injuries that put's him out for 1/3 of a season. He did a job for us. But are we not past the point in focusing on players season by season? Does Ward have a place in our squad beyond this season? When he turns 29. Do we want to operate like Blackpool? 

I'm not one who thinks Ward should go, I really hope he stays - but these criticisms haven't come from nowhere.

He hasn't scored a goal since December.

Never been prolific though, and now he's no longer the main attacking threat is that surprising? Dunno the answers, but I haven't seen any massive drop off in his performance personally, or his fitness. Never sorry to Wardy on the team-sheet, but never sorry to see players upgraded either. We'll see.

Archived