Gary Mackay-Steven - FLW sources

tomonred

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing about Ward is that he can't last 90 minutes and he is injury prone. We are all waiting for him to pick up another run of injuries that put's him out for 1/3 of a season. He did a job for us. But are we not past the point in focusing on players season by season? Does Ward have a place in our squad beyond this season? When he turns 29. Do we want to operate like Blackpool? 

I know nothing about GMS, but I agree with this approach. We should be (and I believe, we are) building a long-term squad that can tear up the Championship and set us on the right foot next year in the Premier League. 

Ward is getting up in age and we should always be on the look out for improvements and/or ultimate replacements at every position. 

And... I trust the Mac!

I know nothing about GMS, but I agree with this approach. We should be (and I believe, we are) building a long-term squad that can tear up the Championship and set us on the right foot next year in the Premier League. 

Ward is getting up in age and we should always be on the look out for improvements and/or ultimate replacements at every position. 

And... I trust the Mac!

This

Bennett is no 'exciting prospect'... I was at McClaren's first away game at Vicarage Road and Bennett started the match but he had an awful game and was taken off at half time and didn't start another game that season... He could be good but he is far from an exciting prospect

Are you seriously suggesting an England u19 striker isn't an exciting prospect? Where did you pull that from?

GMS can either phone David Goodwillie or Johnny Russell and ask for advise.

No doubt if it were between us, Blackburn and Barnsley he'd choose us (unless Blackburn offered him some crazy wages). We can nearly put out a full Scottish team, he'd love it here  :lol:

Yes that is what I said.. You will see this season and then I'll refer back to my post as proof

Bloody Nora. You expect an 18 year old to be a world beater (17 at the time), and then write the kid off!!! You're hilarious pal. He's was the top scorer for our u21's and bagged 2 yesterday in an u21 game. Also scored a fantastic header in a first team game the other week.

Seriously, think about what you're saying.

Apparently having 1 bad 45 minutes aged 17 at a side who were in the top 6 at the time means you lose your "exciting prospect" label :lol:

He hasn't done anything to earn his 'exciting prospect' level? Just because he's young he's an exciting prospect.. What has he done at club level to earn that name?

He hasn't done anything to earn his 'exciting prospect' level? Just because he's young he's an exciting prospect.. What has he done at club level to earn that name?

Do you know what the word "prospect" means fella? And being a top scorer for u18 and u21 sides, as well as being Derby's youngest scorer in history, and scoring 4 goals in 4 games for England u19s? I'd say that makes you an exciting prospect..

Scored quite a few goals at Under-21 level plus put in some good performances at senior level. Thought he looked fantastic against Chelsea in the FA Cup last season, glided past Ashley Cole like he wasn't even there...

Archived