Gary Mackay-Steven - FLW sources

tomonred

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Ward has come in for criticism as we have improved as a club, we need better players. I see Ward as one of those players we need to do better on if we want to win the league.

The other attacking five I believe are wholly capable of winning the league with.

I think Ward has come in for criticism as we have improved as a club, we need better players. I see Ward as one of those players we need to do better on if we want to win the league.

The other attacking five I believe are wholly capable of winning the league with.

Last season Russell broke his leg and broke his cheek bone so was out for months. Dawkins joined 2-3 months after the season had started and had a lot of little injuries so missed plenty of games. Bamford signed on loan in January so had already missed half a season with us. Jamie Ward appeared in 41 out of the 49 Championship games for us and we were the top scorers, broke our record points total and finished 3rd in the league. Ward is easily good enough to be a starting winger for a team pushing for promotion as he proved last season

Last season Russell broke his leg and broke his cheek bone so was out for months. Dawkins joined 2-3 months after the season had started and had a lot of little injuries so missed plenty of games. Bamford signed on loan in January so had already missed half a season with us. Jamie Ward appeared in 41 out of the 49 Championship games for us and we were the top scorers, broke our record points total and finished 3rd in the league. Ward is easily good enough to be a starting winger for a team pushing for promotion as he proved last season

How many of those 41 games did he finish?

How many of those 41 games did he finish?

Why does that matter? McClaren rarely plays our wingers for the full 90 minutes.

Ward played 90 mins 13 times

Dawkins played 90 mins 4 times

Russell played 90 mins 9 times

Bamford played 90 mins 4 times

Is he really all that? 1 scotland cap and the ony side bidding for him is Barnsley? Countless times teams have been linked him and countless times he's stayed at Dundee Utd. It's no from me. Prefer what we've got

But when was the last time we had someone with a double barell surname?

Is he really all that? 1 scotland cap and the ony side bidding for him is Barnsley? Countless times teams have been linked with him and countless times he's stayed at Dundee Utd. It's no from me. Prefer what we've got

Have you watched him play at all?

Because, as someone who watches Dundee United a lot, he's better than Russell in my opinion.

I would be ecstatic if we got him.

Oh come off it..

Was Chris Martin "all that" before signing.. Was Johnny Russell "all that" before signing..?!

Get a grip and enjoy the ******* ride.

Get a grip? Because I don't rate a kid who plays for Dundee Utd? Russell was wanted by Celtic and a decent Serie A team, and Everton had bid the summer before... This lad? Barnsley... How many times have you watched him play? Just because someone can do some tricks doesn't mean they're a good player. There's a reason he's still plying his trade in the SPL

Archived