George Thorne

CumbrianRam

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our club has a bit of class, I bet they would!

Ps you'd have to be a bit dumb to get a number unless it was certain.

Well usually when they're released you expect them to be set...otherwise don't release them 'officially' until the season begins just give them 1-11 in preseason and the subs 12-19 or so on.

Well usually when they're released you expect them to be set...otherwise don't release them 'officially' until the season begins just give them 1-11 in preseason and the subs 12-19 or so on.

Always says subject to change. But what I mean is the likes of Martin isn't going to get 9 taken off him.

I said after Wembley that if we had won I honestly believed that we would have made Europe in three years. Now we've kept everybody, only two things can I see stopping us from doing it in four years; we don't go up this year or if we sell players and replace them inadequately.

You wouldn't mind a bet on that would you..?

I'd have liked him to have got a 1-11 number but I guess he joined a few days too late... Not that it makes a big difference but I think he deserves better than 34.

You're right. The way the club have treated him regarding this is nothing short of a joke.

To be fair as much as i was desperate forvus to go up, it was driven by the harsh reality that we would lose our prized assetts.

As it transpires we will be missing Wisdom only from the PO final. If we cant be confident of a top 2 slot now we never will as this is the big one. If we screw it up and not go up next close season wont be as forgiving.

I think this is the turning point. Recent years we have been shopping at primark now we've moved up a notch to burtons. Seriously though, it says something about the position the club is in when it can attract up and coming players from the premier league. We aint offering silly money to him to come. I just hope it all comes together this season. The place will rock!!

I'd have liked him to have got a 1-11 number but I guess he joined a few days too late... Not that it makes a big difference but I think he deserves better than 34.

What's wrong with 34?

I used to play with 29, just 'cause it's my favourite.

Before we signed Thorne, I couldn't have imagined next season without him. He became so central to everything we did, especially going forward, in the games he played in. Every signing now is a bonus because the squad we have is exceptional. I have really high hopes for the team next season. COYR

I may like a joke on here every now and again. But Thorne is going to be such an integral part to the team to year, I honestly think we are going to get automatically promoted with him in our side. He's going to be our most important player this season. For me he's just on another level.

Thorne is such a key signing for us, as demonstrated by the hullabaloo over the last two months. I just hope he stays fit because we could be really great to watch again this season and right up there near the top again. Great time to be a Ram!

Archived