George Thorne

CumbrianRam

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't seem right to talk about a Derby player in transfer talk.

What do people expect from Thorne this season?

Yeah it makes sense.

I think expectations are actually lowered by the undisclosed fee. We know it's a pretty high fee, but we don't know exactly how high. So there's no known pricetag to live up to.

I just expect him to pick up where he left off last season and improve as a player. Which I'm confident he can do. Definitely should avoid putting any pressure on him though.

I'd be a bit nervous if we didn't make any more transactions.. What if Martin gets injured or something? (Knock on wood) but we had to keep these scenarios in mind. Who would replace him?

We do need to sign more. But they will all be loans. Money is all spent now.

We do need to sign more. But they will all be loans. Money is all spent now.

don't know if you know Dom Dyer.. He plays for Kansas City sporting.. He's playing really well, don't know anything about him but he plays very similar to Martin.. Apparently was at Norwich.. He's only 23 and is "one for the future" wouldn't mind getting him in.

Now we can talk about him here.

For four years at least.

Hopefully be an established PL team by then.

Who knows? Thorne at Russia 2018?

Predicting nothing, but great to see a player so keen to join the club.

Englands midfield in 2018.....Will Hughes and George Thorne.......effing World Cup cancelled due to some stupid world war.....just our effing luck!

fck off Putin

don't know if you know Dom Dyer.. He plays for Kansas City sporting.. He's playing really well, don't know anything about him but he plays very similar to Martin.. Apparently was at Norwich.. He's only 23 and is "one for the future" wouldn't mind getting him in.

Martin and Dwyer would have been at the Norwich academy at the same time as well. Could be interesting. Don't fancy our chances at getting him though, his goal record is ridiculous.

Martin and Dwyer would have been at the Norwich academy at the same time as well. Could be interesting. Don't fancy our chances at getting him though, his goal record is ridiculous.

14 goals in 19 games this year and helped them win the league last year.. I highly doubt he'd come though.. It's mid way through the MLS season and he's a key part of there team, would love to see him come after the season finishes maybe on loan.. Like how when Donovan went to Everton way back when.

A lot of teams this season are going to stick everybody behind the ball against us. Normally when teams did this we would have Eustace sitting deep looking to break up play and Hughes sitting deep controlling the game, making sure we retained possession and retaining the ball effectively. Everybody else would attack, attack, attack. Now we have Thorne he can do both the Hughes and Eustace role in these situations at the same time. This obviously frees up an extra midfielder allowing either Hendrick to bludgeon his way through and **** one in from the edge if the box, Hughes to use his incisive passing and close control to drag the banks of four out of position or Bryson to buzz about looking to force the back for that bit deeper allowing room on the edge of the box!

In the long term, there aren't many Premier League sides I can see bossing us if we have Hughes and Thorne on the pitch.

A lot of teams this season are going to stick everybody behind the ball against us. Normally when teams did this we would have Eustace sitting deep looking to break up play and Hughes sitting deep controlling the game, making sure we retained possession and retaining the ball effectively. Everybody else would attack, attack, attack. Now we have Thorne he can do both the Hughes and Eustace role in these situations at the same time. This obviously frees up an extra midfielder allowing either Hendrick to bludgeon his way through and **** one in from the edge if the box, Hughes to use his incisive passing and close control to drag the banks of four out of position or Bryson to buzz about looking to force the back for that bit deeper allowing room on the edge of the box!

In the long term, there aren't many Premier League sides I can see bossing us if we have Hughes and Thorne on the pitch.

we're definitely a team for the foreseeable future.. If we can just get out of the championship this season the possibilities are endless.. I honestly see us mirroring Southampton, tons of young talent.. Became an established prem team.. Then sold that developed talent for big bucks.. I feel in 3-5 years that'll be us.

14 goals in 19 games this year and helped them win the league last year.. I highly doubt he'd come though.. It's mid way through the MLS season and he's a key part of there team, would love to see him come after the season finishes maybe on loan.. Like how when Donovan went to Everton way back when.

Are you a USA based scout for the club or something?

Actually, you are Derek Bragg and I claim my

we're definitely a team for the foreseeable future.. If we can just get out of the championship this season the possibilities are endless.. I honestly see us mirroring Southampton, tons of young talent.. Became an established prem team.. Then sold that developed talent for big bucks.. I feel in 3-5 years that'll be us.

I said after Wembley that if we had won I honestly believed that we would have made Europe in three years. Now we've kept everybody, only two things can I see stopping us from doing it in four years; we don't go up this year or if we sell players and replace them inadequately.

Archived