Semi-Finals pre-match discussion

CumbrianRam

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I thought Germany would be the flops of the tournament but I'd say they've been the most impressive so far out of these four. Can see Brazil doing them though. I don't rate them at all but I think the Neymar injury makes them even more destined to win it.

Ya want it to be either Brazil vs Argentina, or Germany vs Holland just for the rivalry.

I think it'll be Germany vs Argentina though. Argentina to win it.

I'm with this opinion also, I really want it to be the rivals going through.

My winning order of preference goes Argentina, Germany, Brazil and then Holland.

I want Argentina to get to the final anyway, but if Germany go through I can take solace in the fact that if Holland beat Argentina they will be crushed by their biggest rivals on the biggest stage of all.

Really hoping it's not a Brazil vs Holland final, that would stink.

My gut tells me Germany vs Argentina with Germany the eventual winners.

Would like to see Germany or Holland win it to be honest.... Would be nice to see a European team do it on South American soil....

Howard Webb to referee Germany v Holland anyone?

Hopefully Germany crush Brazil and Argentina cruise past Holland.

It's almost worth wanting Brazil to make the final if you could guarantee a defeat to their rivals and a chance for Messi to stick it to that gobshite Pele.

In full agreement about it would be better if it was Brazil v Argentina or Germany v holland.

To be honest I don't care who wins it now so long as it's not holland.....I like the idea of the exclusivity of the group of teams who have won the World Cup....and not letting holland in to it.

The atmosphere for the brazil semi final will be awesome with the lives lost in the city, the loss of neymar and their sense of entitlement should be great.

The one complaint I would have about this World Cup is that there just simply isn't enough travelling fans there-almost every game is full of Brazilians... But I suppose FIFA had to make their cash cow the best they could.

And the white foam spray makes up for everything....

Not sure how anyone can genuinely want Holland to win when they advocate cheating...

It's a shame really as I loved waching the Dutch during the Mark Overmars/Dennis Bergkamp/Patrick Kluivert era. When they reached the semi-final of World Cup 98 I was sad to see them lose to Brazil on penalties.

But now. They have zero likeable players, an arrogant manager who has all the traits of Sir Alex Ferguson, Arjen cheating Robben and a goalkeeper (who I thought was a nice fella) feckin goading Costa Rica's players before the penalties.

They strike me as a vintage United side under Fergie.

Hope they lose.

I'm hoping for a Germany v Argentina final, but basically as long as the Dutch go out I'll be happy at this point.

Even if the Dutch do go on and win it at least it's a new name of the trophy though.

The most enjoyable final though would be Brazil losing to Argentina at the Maracan

Archived