Semi-Finals pre-match discussion

CumbrianRam

Would love to see Holland beat Germany on penalties in the final.

Think it'll be Germany v Argentina final though & probably the crauts to win by the odd goal.

Also wish they wouldn't bother with the 3rd place play off match. Neither team wants to play that game & who ever remembers who came 3rd in a cup final anyway.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In full agreement about it would be better if it was Brazil v Argentina or Germany v holland.

To be honest I don't care who wins it now so long as it's not holland.....I like the idea of the exclusivity of the group of teams who have won the World Cup....and not letting holland in to it.

The atmosphere for the brazil semi final will be awesome with the lives lost in the city, the loss of neymar and their sense of entitlement should be great.

The one complaint I would have about this World Cup is that there just simply isn't enough travelling fans there-almost every game is full of Brazilians... But I suppose FIFA had to make their cash cow the best they could.

And the white foam spray makes up for everything....

Every team cheats.... It's the way football is unfortunately.... Think it's unfair to just pick out the Dutch. I would say Brazil cheated there way through a quarter final. But got rather lucky with hardly a caution to there name. Thought as an ex ref, that referee was far too lenient that night, spotted the fouls ok, just very lenient with the punishment in my opinion

Sheetttt sorry Mues. Meant for Bris

ha ha...yes I was just reading it....and was thinking...yep I think the Dutch cheat...but I am sure I didn't write it....

anyway....as I was saying...anyone but the Dutch....but not because the cheat because I don't want the number of winners to increase and its so funny that they have had all these great players and never won it.

oh and my boss is dutch....and he balled me out today...so screw them

Every team cheats.... It's the way football is unfortunately.... Think it's unfair to just pick out the Dutch. I would say Brazil cheated there way through a quarter final. But got rather lucky with hardly a caution to there name. Thought as an ex ref, that referee was far too lenient that night, spotted the fouls ok, just very lenient with the punishment in my opinion

I wouldn't say Brazil cheated in that they conned the referee, but I agree that their tactics of persistant fouling and cynical challenges to disrupt an easy-on-the-eye Colombia side was horrific.

If anything, I thought it would be the other way round but it was just wrong to see such a beautiful footballing nation as Brazil resort to such tactics - similar to Holland in the final of 2010.

James Rodriguez in the space of 15 minutes got dumped to the turf four times and not once did a Brazil player get a booking, and then the first foul he commited was awarded a yellow.

I reckon Refs are partially doing it because they know that they don't want to uspet the apple cart. FIFA's rule of two yellows in the knockout competition is utterly ridiculous.

Messi was booked against Switzerland and he could have been booked against Belgium too. How unjust would it have been had he missed Argentina's semi-final for two soft yellows.

I wouldn't say Brazil cheated in that they conned the referee, but I agree that their tactics of persistant fouling and cynical challenges to disrupt an easy-on-the-eye Colombia side was horrific.

If anything, I thought it would be the other way round but it was just wrong to see such a beautiful footballing nation as Brazil resort to such tactics - similar to Holland in the final of 2010.

James Rodriguez in the space of 15 minutes got dumped to the turf four times and not once did a Brazil player get a booking, and then the first foul he commited was awarded a yellow.

I reckon Refs are partially doing it because they know that they don't want to uspet the apple cart. FIFA's rule of two yellows in the knockout competition is utterly ridiculous.

Messi was booked against Switzerland and he could have been booked against Belgium too. How unjust would it have been had he missed Argentina's semi-final for two soft yellows.

Referees are damned if they are damned if they don't.... Reading Graham Polls autobiography the other day, obviously he won't get much sympathy on here for obvious reasons.... But he got sheeet on by FIFA in 2002 because his Lino gsve two incorrect decisions on offsides. He had no choice but to give them but was analysed after, one person gets something wrong, the referee in charge gets the brunt. Will be a European referee in the final, guarantee that.

Referees are damned if they are damned if they don't.... Reading Graham Polls autobiography the other day, obviously he won't get much sympathy on here for obvious reasons.... But he got sheeet on by FIFA in 2002 because his Lino gsve two incorrect decisions on offsides. He had no choice but to give them but was analysed after, one person gets something wrong, the referee in charge gets the brunt. Will be a European referee in the final, guarantee that.

Howard Webb was put in an awful position in 2010.

Looking back, he should off Van Bommel and De Jong in the first half for crude challenges. But if he had, the whole world would have said that he ruined the final.

I think Webb was probably the most relieved person in the ground when Spain finally won it.

Hope Brazil win; but can't see them doing it.

Tomorrow is going to be a tough one to call; but I think holland will edge it, diving is part of the game now unfortunately, let's not forget simone going down like a dying fly and maradonas hand ball both against England.

Archived