Capital one cup

nfb

for us senior members ...remember  selling Andy Hill (  abysmal player  )   noted for the 2nd goal in the famous 2 - 0 fa cup win over Florist  ....   sold to Carlisle on the Wednesday  ...made his debut against us on the Saturday  ...we lost 4 - 1  at the baseball ground and yes Hill scored twice ....  oh the agony  and irony  84 season I think

Andy is a parent of one of my players for my U14's football team I coach!  :rolleyes:

Nice guy! (never watched him play... I was only a wee-lad in those days).

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be honest I looked at the draw and the only one I wanted to avoid was Carlisle away. No doubt it will be a Tuesday night, probably cold, probably raining... see you there  <_<

Hmm maybe you've got something there....

Five and a half hours on the train each way from darkest Wiltshite for me, getting back noon the next day.

Cold and rain will complete the masochistic package nicely.

5am on a freezing Carlisle Station after Derby have gone down 2 nil, a few players saying they felt a bit lethargic....bliss.

I'll check the forecast a few days before, if the weather looks OK, I'll give it a miss.

Think of the worse forward you've seen play for Derby  .... i.ll  guarantee that Andy Hill is worse than the forward you pick ....  Possibly is a nice guy ...  but him and football didn't go together   here is the goal  ..... :D  

Derby 2  Florist 0

Sorry Neil, that ain't fair. For his Forest goal alone Andy Hill deserves a positive review in our history. If you think he was the worst striker we ever had then a number of others spring to mind - Beck for one; Hales for another (though with some mitigating factors); Ravenelli for a third, given his wages v overall contribution ratio.

Sorry Neil, that ain't fair. For his Forest goal alone Andy Hill deserves a positive review in our history. If you think he was the worst striker we ever had then a number of others spring to mind - Beck for one; Hales for another (though with some mitigating factors); Ravenelli for a third, given his wages v overall contribution ratio.

I'm going to add Billy Bloody Caskey and Reggie Bloody Greenwood to that list.

this could never end  :D   Paul Emson ,   ...   but got to agree with Eddie  ,   Roy Greenwood   id forgot about him   the ginger ninja that Docherty signed from Sunderland .... scored 1 goal  for Derby  in 30 plus games :(

Archived