Capital one cup

nfb

About 40 mins away.

Is Maryport nice for a couple of days or should I be looking elsewhere? At least it will give me the opportunity to take the compulsory photograph of the Memsahib with the 'Cockermouth' road sign. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's seldom been a happy hunting ground. The last time we won the First Division, Carlisle finished bottom - yet they absolutely murdered us at their place 3-0 and they got a 0-0 at the BBG. 

I was there for the 1990 match we drew with a late equaliser from memory.

Got the train back ...arriving back at 3.30am !

No way does that facility exist anymore

oh it does, but you have to know which freight train to hang off.

for us senior members ...remember  selling Andy Hill (  abysmal player  )   noted for the 2nd goal in the famous 2 - 0 fa cup win over Florist  ....   sold to Carlisle on the Wednesday  ...made his debut against us on the Saturday  ...we lost 4 - 1  at the baseball ground and yes Hill scored twice ....  oh the agony  and irony  84 season I think

Mate of mine got there and back in the 1960's (1968 I think) for sixpence.

He got a platform ticket at each end, got on the train and hid in the bog when they came to check tickets. Old trick - two people go to the bog when the inspector comes along, he knocks on the bog door, says "Tickets please", they crack the door open a bit, pass a ticket out for inspection, get it back after it's been clipped, shut the door again.

for us senior members ...remember  selling Andy Hill (  abysmal player  )   noted for the 2nd goal in the famous 2 - 0 fa cup win over Florist  ....   sold to Carlisle on the Wednesday  ...made his debut against us on the Saturday  ...we lost 4 - 1  at the baseball ground and yes Hill scored twice ....  oh the agony  and irony  84 season I think

Wasn't that the year of the Peter Taylor "My mum could keep this lot up" statement before Roy Mac took over? Perhaps we would have been better off if Mrs Taylor Sr had been manager.

I hope we lose.

It's a dated tournament that serves no purpose.

It doesn't offer any glory other than of you won the thing and let's face it, we ain't gonna do that.

It offers no financial gain whatsoever as fans don't give a c@ap about the competition.

Let's focus on No. 1, the league and No. 2, the one cup that still has a little credence, the FA Cup.

Archived