It's coming home...

Leicester Ram

Think Brazil will cruise to the final and get beat by Germany.

No chance. The Germans are on the decline and will end up like England in the next few years. Holland are also on the decline but their u21 squad is amazing and they'll be a dominant force again in the not too distant future.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No chance. The Germans are on the decline and will end up like England in the next few years. Holland are also on the decline but their u21 squad is amazing and they'll be a dominant force again in the not too distant future.

Who's going to beat Brazil in the final?

Germans on the decline? Is that off the back of two poorish friendlies?

They've got some cracking players who are around 23-26 who have their best years ahead of them.

I'm currently watching Portugal play out something like their third 0-0 on the trot against Mexico. Without Ronaldo they are awful.

Mexico have improved massively over the last few months, but they don't ever look like scoring unless it's from a set piece or a long-range belter.

After the success of Paul the octopus during the 2010 World Cup for predicting results I thought I'd try the same thing with Bobby the budgie. I lined his cage with the Daily Mirror World Cup wall chart, the first team to be obliterated by Bobby was Italy, and the last team to survive being splattered in budgie crap was.........................Argentina!

Bobby the budgie match by match predictions will be updated during the World Cup!

Think Brazil will cruise to the final and get beat by Germany.

It does seem like a significant possibility.

...except Australia's extremely inexperienced side is surely going to win it.

Between the loss of Mark Schwarzer (international retirement), Lucas Neill (lack of matches), Luke Wilkshere (apparently fitness concerns), Brett Holman (put his middle eastern club ahead of Australia apparently...), Brett Emerton (form and retirement) and Harry Kewell (retirement), there's 499 caps worth of experience not in the mix for the side this time around, and only 394 caps worth going.

On top of that Australia have lost Robbie Kruse (best winger for the last few years), Rhys Williams (widely expected to start at the back), Trent Sainsbury (another anticipated starter), Curtis Good (another central defender who was anticipated to at least be in the squad), Tom Rogic (the playmaker), Josh Kennedy (one of Australia's best strikers) and a few others to injury (from what I've heard) for this world cup.

So Australia are set to face this world cup without:

- Arguably their 3 first choice centre halves

- Previous experience from major leagues

- Their expected playmaker

- One of their main goal threats

...and face off against Chile, Spain and the Netherlands. If by some miracle Australia make it through, they'll have the pick of Brazil, Mexico, Croatia and Cameroon to play, and if they finish second in the group (again, near no chance) they will as such likely face Brazil...

There's some good odds to be gotten me thinks...

It does seem like a significant possibility.

...except Australia's extremely inexperienced side is surely going to win it.

Between the loss of Mark Schwarzer (international retirement), Lucas Neill (lack of matches), Luke Wilkshere (apparently fitness concerns), Brett Holman (put his middle eastern club ahead of Australia apparently...), Brett Emerton (form and retirement) and Harry Kewell (retirement), there's 499 caps worth of experience not in the mix for the side this time around, and only 394 caps worth going.

On top of that Australia have lost Robbie Kruse (best winger for the last few years), Rhys Williams (widely expected to start at the back), Trent Sainsbury (another anticipated starter), Curtis Good (another central defender who was anticipated to at least be in the squad), Tom Rogic (the playmaker), Josh Kennedy (one of Australia's best strikers) and a few others to injury (from what I've heard) for this world cup.

So Australia are set to face this world cup without:

- Arguably their 3 first choice centre halves

- Previous experience from major leagues

- Their expected playmaker

- One of their main goal threats

...and face off against Chile, Spain and the Netherlands. If by some miracle Australia make it through, they'll have the pick of Brazil, Mexico, Croatia and Cameroon to play, and if they finish second in the group (again, near no chance) they will as such likely face Brazil...

There's some good odds to be gotten me thinks...

Try their luck with the emergency loan window?

If England can make it out the groups, last 16 should be a doddle. Ivory Coast, Japan or Colombia

On paper Cote d'Ivoire are a pretty imposing side to be honest, as are Colombia. I'd even back Japan to be able to take on anyone at the World cup. Nothing is a doddle.

Archived