It's coming home...

Leicester Ram

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we'll struggle but it's not about the results this year, but we're building for the future.

I want to see some of the kids step up. Time to let the old guard go.

Prediction: go out in the groups stage with a win and 2 defeats. Italy and Uruguay to qualify.

Uruguay are my sneaky bet to win the whole thing

Can't see it, their defence isn't good enough. IMO.

Would love to see a European team win out there, but suspect that it will be the usual suspects - Brazil and Argentina, who have the best chance.

Fancy us to get to quarters.

The second round matches are important on Brazils side of the draw, who fancies coming second in the group who plays against them?

poor defence?

They have Godin and Gimenez from Atletico Madrid, Caceres from Juventus... and Lugano is still a beast. Pereira was linked heavily to Chelsea before, and they have Coates  and Fucile too.

They were great last World Cup based on there defence.

Don't understand your judgement on their defence?

If anywhere, it's their midfield which weakest, but even then they have Rodriguez, Gargano, Lodeiro, Rios and Ramirez.

It's just a good squad all round.

poor defence?

They have Godin and Gimenez from Atletico Madrid, Caceres from Juventus... and Lugano is still a beast. Pereira was linked heavily to Chelsea before, and they have Coates  and Fucile too.

They were great last World Cup based on there defence.

Don't understand your judgement on their defence?

If anywhere, it's their midfield which weakest, but even then they have Rodriguez, Gargano, Lodeiro, Rios and Ramirez.

It's just a good squad all round.

Lugano is sh1te, and Uruguay conceded just as many goals as they scored during qualifying. Eventually scraping through thanks to a qualifier against Jordan.

They won't be winning the World Cup.

Hence sneaky bet. They aren't anything like favourites.

The winner will be South American for me.

European teams struggle outside of Europe, with Spain last time out as the only real exception from memory. I can only really see Spain doing it from outside of South America again.

Hence sneaky bet. They aren't anything like favourites.

The winner will be South American for me.

European teams struggle outside of Europe, with Spain last time out as the only real exception from memory. I can only really see Spain doing it from outside of South America again.

I agree that the winner will come from South America - Brazil and Argentina are the obvious bets, but Colombia could surprise a few people too.

Uruguay I could see getting to the QFs, but they'll struggle (IMO) when they come up against the better sides.

I just think that, unlike a Colombia, they have the players who could produce magic from nowhere with the likes of Suarez.

I guess it could either way. Colombia are a more balanced side IMO - they won't have the individual spark of magic from the likes of a Suarez, but then they also won't have the individual weaknesses of someone like Lugano. 

Spain for me.

I reckon with Diego Costa they now have that perfect striker to go along with their dominant style of play.

They have no weakness, they are excellent at the back and Sergio Ramos is going into the tournament in the form of his life.

I just hope Del Bosque has the balls to make the big decisions when needed, as IMO, Xavi should not be starting for them as Koke and Javi Martinez are now better midfielders.

My XI for them would be: 4-2-3-1 with Iniesta also forming a three in midfield when needed.

Casillas

Jordo Alba

Pique

Sergio Ramos

Juanfran

Xabi Alonso

Javi Martinez

Iniesta

David Silva

Diego Costa

Pedro

Can't see that though, reckon Fabregas, Xavi and Cesar Azpilicueta will all start.

I just think that, unlike a Colombia, they have the players who could produce magic from nowhere with the likes of Suarez.

If you're backing them to do well, who out of England or Italy will fail to make it past the group stages?

IMO I'm not a fan of Uruguay, I think Cavani is vastly overrated and I'm not a fan of their midfield though I'm all for them proving me wrong.

I reckon Colombia have a better team and in Carlos Bacca and Adran Ramos they have some brilliant strikers who aren't perhaps renowned worldwide because they don't play for the very top clubs (yet)

With a very favourable group I can see them making the 1/4s, especially if they draw England/Uruguay in the next round.

I'm going for Argentina. I can't stand the ***** especially that Kenny Burns look a like Madonna. Handball ref i shouted in my bedroom as i watched in disbelief in '86'. As for fighting wars they're *****.

Was it Messi who had "Spirit of '86" stitched into his boots when we played them? Disappointing that none of our lot had "Spirit of '82" in response..... :lol:

If you're backing them to do well, who out of England or Italy will fail to make it past the group stages?

IMO I'm not a fan of Uruguay, I think Cavani is vastly overrated and I'm not a fan of their midfield though I'm all for them proving me wrong.

I reckon Colombia have a better team and in Carlos Bacca and Adran Ramos they have some brilliant strikers who aren't perhaps renowned worldwide because they don't play for the very top clubs (yet)

With a very favourable group I can see them making the 1/4s, especially if they draw England/Uruguay in the next round.

Not sure. Think it's all on that first game. It really is all important.

Archived