Kelle Roos - next season's No 2?

NMtherams

Story on the DT site today.

KELLE Roos will press his claim to be Derby County's number two goalkeeper behind Lee Grant next season.

Adam Legzdins spent this season as back-up to Grant, who was ever-present.

Legzdins’ contract has not been renewed and he has left the club leaving Roos next in line.

Derby felt they were in a position to release Legzdins because of the progress Roos has made since the 21-year-old Dutchman joined the club from Nuneaton Town in January for an undisclosed fee, believed to be around £30,000 plus add-ons.

The Rams will play a pre-season friendly at Nuneaton in July as part of the deal.

Rams’ first-team coach Paul Simpson says Roos has impressed.

“Kelle has been outstanding since he has come in. He is developing really well and looks like he could be a good keeper,” added Simpson.

“We will monitor him over pre-season and see if he is up to being number two and that is goalkeeper coach Eric Steele’s department.

“We felt because of Kelle we were in a position to release Adam Legzdins.

“Adam is also at a stage in his career when it is about playing football.

“He has been superb and has pushed Granty all the way in training.

“That is why Lee Grant has done so well because he knows Adam has been breathing down his neck.”

The Rams are set to add to their goalkeeping department by signing former Newcastle United reserve-team keeper Jonathan Mitchell on a one-year deal.

The 19-year-old was recently released by Newcastle.

Hartlepool-born Mitchell did not make a senior appearance for the Magpies but gained first-team experience during a loan spell with non-League Workington.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Young-keeper-Kelle-Roos-press-claim/story-21176645-detail/story.html#kCEuQBJYiOK9IDKy.99

Has anyone seen him play?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was outstanding in non-league. Prompted Liverpool, amongst others, to have interest.

On the face of it, I'd be happy to see him on the bench. I certainly wouldn't worry if he was called upon.

Didn't he only join Nuneaton as he moved to England after the transfer window was shut and he wouldn't get international clearance to join a League side? Sure I read summat like that when we signed him. Odd career choice to make if not - from PSV's academy sides to Nuneaton Town......

Didn't he only join Nuneaton as he moved to England after the transfer window was shut and he wouldn't get international clearance to join a League side? Sure I read summat like that when we signed him. Odd career choice to make if not - from PSV's academy sides to Nuneaton Town......

Or maybe a smart move now he's then number 2 at a promotion pushing side at 20 years old. Like a stepping stone move.

Lad who I go to uni with is a Nuneaton fan and a Newcastle fan, he lives in Nuneaton and goes to watch em all time. He's not a footballing expert but he said to me by time Roos is the same age as Tim Crul he could easily be better because he's more demanding and controlling. Him and his mates rated him very highly

Archived